PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Lodge

Catzle
08-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Thoughts, never been and never have even seen. Would like to know everyone's thoughts.

Thanks,

Kenny1113
08-26-2014, 10:00 PM
One of my favorites, I like it better than SandD as far as theming and atmosphere. The fact that Boma is there helps too! ;)
However it is not close to much except Ak.

baldburke
08-26-2014, 10:02 PM
AKL is a super nice resort. The theming is among the best at WDW. The lobby is incredible. It's got a certain scent to it that is awesome. The zero entry pool is also very nice and huge.

Other good parts about the AKL is access to the animals. We would watch the animals every morning when we woke up before the kids got up and every afternoon while preparing for the evening. You have to get a savannah view if you stay there.

I have a few other thoughts that I wouldn't say are negatives, but something to consider before booking. The rooms are darker than most to keep the light low for the animals. The resort is huge so be sure to ask for a room fairly close to the lobby, but not too close. Finally, if you don't have a car onsite then you have to take a bus EVERYWHERE! It can be quite a long ride to MK or DTD.

Again, don't let those items sway your choice. It's a fabulous resort and we would definitely like to stay there again sometime.

mickclub1955
08-26-2014, 10:22 PM
This is my favorite deluxe resort at WDW. The theme is one of the best. If the Polynesian takes you to the south seas, this resort transports you to the grasslands of Africa and it doesn't cost as much as the Poly. Most claim that it is the farthest from everything except for Animal Kingdom, but I have never had a complaint about getting to where I needed to get and felt like it took too long. This resort is Disney at it's best. :thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
08-27-2014, 02:14 PM
It's the best resort on property from CM's to dinning options. Plus, there is nothing like going out on the balcony to read my bible and drink coffee as the kids are getting ready !!! :thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
08-27-2014, 10:01 PM
It's a gorgeous resort and a family favorite. I know a lot of people complain about the resort being so far out from the parks; but it really isn't. The resort does not share busses with other resorts which in my opinion doesn't make the ride long to the parks. The lobby is breathtaking and the gift shop is unique. Can't say enough good things about it. We get a pool view room; but there are plenty of spots to watch the animals.

VacationDisney
08-27-2014, 11:55 PM
Our favorite resort by far:cloud9: Love everything about it.

People mention how far it is from everything else, but we never noticed the distance to anything. After all we were at Walt Disney World :thumbsup:

tnpoohbear
08-28-2014, 01:01 PM
We have stayed there three times and I love it! It is pricey but we got good deals with AP discount. Love the rooms, seeing the animals, etc... And you don't have to pay extra for a savannah room to see the animals, just walk over there. You can also borrow night vision goggles from the front desk to see the animals at night. Loved the food court, loved Boma for breakfast. Very unique resort.:mickey: