PDA

View Full Version : Last-minute stuff.... :)

Main Street Jim
08-26-2014, 05:08 PM
So, as a lot of you know, this is our first time staying on-property as guests, after being former CM's. The last time we were at the parks was December 2011. We're staying at Coronado (8/31 - 9/6) and relying on Disney transportation this trip.

So, here we go:

1) We plan on doing EMH at MK on Sunday night (12am - 2am). How late will resort buses run? Are they still two hours after park closing (which means 4am)...?? How 'bout Monorails?

*Dang*. Well, if I think of any more, I'll ask :P I had a whole list of questions in my head at work today, didn't write 'em down...and now I can't remember what I was gonna ask. :D

faline
08-26-2014, 06:04 PM
My understanding is resort busses run until they "clear the park". You may not have a but that goes exclusively to your resort - as fewer folks are in the parks, they begin to send busses to several resorts. My understanding is that monorails only support regular park hours but they keep changing monorail hours so something may have changed or might change with those operating hours.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-26-2014, 10:48 PM
Monorails have a firm closing (between 11pm and midnight, depending on what monorail loop, but busses will run until everyone gets back to their resort.

We've been very late out of some parks, and at worst there is a CM asking us where we need to go, and they get a bus for us. So, you can rely on Disney transport, no matter how late. :)

Main Street Jim
08-27-2014, 05:25 PM
How *early* do buses run? If we wanted to be at MK at 8:00 (or earlier), taxi?

faline
08-27-2014, 06:33 PM
How *early* do buses run? If we wanted to be at MK at 8:00 (or earlier), taxi?

Buses typically run by 7 in the morning for those folks who have pre-park-opening breakfast reservations.

Main Street Jim
08-28-2014, 05:16 PM
Buses typically run by 7 in the morning for those folks who have pre-park-opening breakfast reservations.OK. I have heard as early as 7:00am, and I've also heard one hour before park opening (which, in most cases, would be 8:00). If we can catch a 7:00 (or so) bus to MK, we'd save the taxi trip to the Contemporary on Monday morning.

Oh, here's something I wanted to ask.

We have a 7:30 dinner at California Grille Tuesday night. Do they still permit CG guests "on the balcony" just outside the restaurant for the 10:00pm MK fireworks?

yankeesfan123
08-28-2014, 06:05 PM
OK. I have heard as early as 7:00am, and I've also heard one hour before park opening (which, in most cases, would be 8:00). If we can catch a 7:00 (or so) bus to MK, we'd save the taxi trip to the Contemporary on Monday morning.

Oh, here's something I wanted to ask.

We have a 7:30 dinner at California Grille Tuesday night. Do they still permit CG guests "on the balcony" just outside the restaurant for the 10:00pm MK fireworks?

Yup! You could have dinner at 5pm and still go out to the balcony if you show your receipt.

WDWdriver
08-29-2014, 07:52 AM
Jim, for your early morning at MK call 407-WDW-RIDE that morning (or the night before) and ask when the earliest bus will be at Coronado. You can then decide if a taxi would be a better option. If so, the front desk can call the taxi for you.

Main Street Jim
08-29-2014, 04:58 PM
Jim, for your early morning at MK call 407-WDW-RIDE that morning (or the night before) and ask when the earliest bus will be at Coronado. You can then decide if a taxi would be a better option. If so, the front desk can call the taxi for you.Thanks, Ron! 'Preciate it!

Janmac
08-29-2014, 11:06 PM
Jim, for your early morning at MK call 407-WDW-RIDE that morning (or the night before) and ask when the earliest bus will be at Coronado. You can then decide if a taxi would be a better option. If so, the front desk can call the taxi for you.

This is an awesome phone number I was happy to discover one trip a few years ago when I kept getting conflicting info from front desk CMs. I don't fault them, just glad now to have a resource.

We regularly have 8 am ADRs at restaurants, often inside a park. We usually leave our room with enough time to arrive at the bus stop about 6:55. Invariably the bus we want comes about 7:25, after more than one bus to every other park arrives and leaves. It's a running joke with us now.

But, we have always been at the park in plenty of time to wait (and wait and wait and wait :D) to enter early and have that nice peaceful quiet walk to the restaurant. :thumbsup:

Jan