PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk View Question

dixiepixie
08-25-2014, 04:50 PM
We are going to stay at the Boardwalk Villas for our next trip and want a 2BR Villa with a Boardwalk view. I know a DVC member who can rent us points at the 7 month window, but not 11. How likely is it that there will still be any availability for a Boardwalk View? I can't imagine there are too many 2BRs with that view.

faline
08-25-2014, 06:04 PM
Depending on when you want to stay at Boardwalk, you might find this a difficult resort to get into irregardless of the view. Accommodations book up quickly during the Flower and Garden festival.

Goofeygal
08-25-2014, 06:13 PM
Also during the Food and Wine festival.

dixiepixie
08-25-2014, 06:21 PM
Good point, I should have mentioned when we are going! It will be at the end of January/beginning of February so it shouldn't conflict with any major events.

TinkerbellT421
09-03-2014, 09:11 PM
I can tell you that DBF and I when we made our reservations, it was VERY difficult to get a room, nevermind a Boardwalk view room and we were very flexible on whether it would be a one bedroom or studio....and we are going 1/16-1/24.

Is your next trip for 2015, I assume not? (I ask because you should be able to find out now what the availability is because it is well past the 7 month window)

Disney_Barbie
10-02-2014, 10:30 AM
I don't want to disappoint you, or be negative about your chances, but honestly I wouldn't get your hopes up.
We always stay in BW-view (also during off season, when no big events or anything are going on)
We always book on the 11-month mark @ the exact day. For an upcoming trip we were foolish enough to wait until about 10 months & we couldn't get our first room choice (a studio) we had to upgrade to a 1-bedroom.
My best advice is to book their “home” resort here & now to ensure your trip dates & try to transfer the reservation RIGHT ON the day of the 7-month window
Best of luck!
(and if you do get your ideal reservation, you’re going to LOVE it – Boardwalk view is AMAZING!!!)

ransam
10-10-2014, 04:29 AM
regardless, have an awesome trip.

BigRedDad
10-10-2014, 05:21 AM
I found a timeshare owner that had points for use to get a 1BR beginning of February with a BW view. We finalized the details this past weekend. This was 4 months out. For me, the view didn't matter much. I do not want to look out on the Boardwalk to see things going on, I want to be out there in the middle of it. It may be harder to get a 2BR, but don't stop trying.

PlutoPlanet
10-10-2014, 12:49 PM
The Boardwalk view is nice, but rooms with that view can be louder. We got the view once, but now we prefer a quieter room at the Boardwalk. We book in the 7 month window for August and have never had a problem.