PDA

View Full Version : Strange request

drosenbe
08-25-2014, 07:36 AM
I am a huge WDW fan (DVC Member, Annual passholder, etc), so this might seem like a weird thing to ask about.

My family (DW, DS, DD, DD and boyfriend) are staying at OKW for a week in October 2014. We are all over 20. We used to enjoy going to a character breakfast during our visits, but the expense is a little too much (we'd rather spend our dining dollars on Jikos and Be Our Guest).

I usually make a 'big' breakfast one day, and I was wondering if there are services that could send a 'character' to our room. The thing is, I would love if the character was just slightly un-disneyish. I"m thinking Rizzo the Rat from the Muppets pre-show, or Baby Herman. My sister suggested a princess, smoking a cigarette, with tatoos!

I think my family would love the surprise and would appreciate the irreverence.

Some of the former comedy warehouse players would be great, but I am sure that going through disney itself would be way too expensive.

Any ideas?

Pirate Granny
08-25-2014, 08:21 AM
No idea about how to rent an actor...however, my guess is that a character breakfast would be cheaper for six adults than what you'll have to pay to find someone to come to your DVC unit???IF the guards let them in costume through the gates! Just Saying. Let us know how this works out!

dnickels
08-25-2014, 09:42 AM
If I remember correctly Disney has a 'special requests' type of department that can make just about anything happen..... for a price. But it's one of those 'if you have to ask what it costs you can't afford it' type of services.

Edit to Add: They're called the 'Disney Dream Makers', and can be found on the 'Disney Floral and Gifts' section of the Disney website, bottom link at the following site.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/floral-and-gifts/

Also edited to add: Hiring an outside actor would probably violate all kinds of Disney property rules so I wouldn't recommend that even if you could find someone willing to do it.

Mfarquar
08-25-2014, 01:01 PM
Good luck getting a princess smoking a cigarette with tattoos and the like! My cousin used to be a character for Disney (actually a few characters) and they are super protective of the brand from mannerisms/gestures down to their signature.

Although it would be super funny - I think you would need an outside actor and as dnickels previously mentioned, it may cause problems with Disney.

Disney Dream Makers is probably the way to go!

Main Street Jim
08-25-2014, 05:24 PM
My sister suggested a princess, smoking a cigarette, with tatoos! Your sister's worked at the parks and seen this before, huh? :P

paymerich
08-26-2014, 01:29 PM
if you go off property almost anything goes . On property forget it . Disney would never allow an outside entertainment company to perform there without prior permission

baldburke
08-26-2014, 10:12 PM
We went to a wedding at the GF this past November. Mickey and Minnie showed up and partied on the dance floor for a few minutes. The handlers were very strict about ensuring that there was no alcohol near M&M and certainly no pictures of alcohol with M&M. I can't same I blame them. Good luck!