PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in MDE app

Lynn J Mc
08-24-2014, 07:10 PM
Today was my day to book my ADRs. Resort reservations are linked to MDE. Have been playing with the app for days so I would be ready to book ADRs. Yesterday it stopped working for ADRs. I had to call this morning. I was so excited to use the app. Tried it on iPhone, IPAd even a Droid phone. No luck. The good news is I was able to get a Be Our Guest ADR via phone.

yankeesfan123
08-24-2014, 07:19 PM
Today was my day to book my ADRs. Resort reservations are linked to MDE. Have been playing with the app for days so I would be ready to book ADRs. Yesterday it stopped working for ADRs. I had to call this morning. I was so excited to use the app. Tried it on iPhone, IPAd even a Droid phone. No luck. The good news is I was able to get a Be Our Guest ADR via phone.

MDE works a lot better on a computer than the app does.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-24-2014, 10:48 PM
I'm sorry you had issues, and glad that you got BOG booked over the phone.

The app doesn't seem to work as well as the computer site, at least for me. It is great to check wait times and the like, but I have WAY better luck with everything else on my laptop.

CanadianWDWFan
08-25-2014, 08:28 AM
I booked our trip with our computer with no issues. I tried things, like you, with the app but found it too slow and not as efficient. When we were down at WDW I could make adjustments to our schedule using the app on my phone. I found that I was able to easily make changes on the fly while at the World, I made last minute ADR's as well as move our FP+ times around. I was even able to change some of the FP+ experiences, for some in our party. Using the app on the fly helped to make our trip a success.

The main issue that I had, was the app would not list some activities some of the time. A quick fix was to exit out of the app completely and log back in. All my reservations were there. Not once did we lose anything.

As a side note, the Disney Wi-Fi worked extremely well for me. Being Canadian, roaming data costs a small fortune so we were thankful to have the ability to use Disney Wi-Fi and save money not having to use my phone data. The speeds were decent and signal strength was adequate.

Glad you got BOG, we have been twice now and have enjoyed it both times. Oh and try the Grey Stuff, it is delicious! :eat::tasty:

Lynn J Mc
08-25-2014, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the encouraging words regarding in-park app use! We live out in the middle of nowhere and the only internet access we have is on our phones. Thankfully we will be in a town when it comes time to book FP+s so I will be able to use a computer and not just the app!

Keneva
08-25-2014, 12:51 PM
I couldn't cancel reservations in MDE without calling them. I thought that was a pain.:wine::papple::crab:

CanadianWDWFan
08-25-2014, 01:43 PM
I couldn't cancel reservations in MDE without calling them. I thought that was a pain.:wine::papple::crab:
Agreed, you can only make ADR's on MDE. :confused: Seems silly that there is the functionality of cancelling ADR's on the website but the app doesn't have it.

Fangorn
08-25-2014, 03:53 PM
:confused: Seems silly that there is the functionality of cancelling ADR's on the website but the app doesn't have it.

I don't mean to sound cynical, but it's not particularly confusing at all... Not having that functionality means there is less investment in the app and lower cost of support. Plus, if you can only cancel ADRs via a computer, and all you have is the app, then you might not cancel one in time and they get to keep your $10/person. There will always be some percentage of people who will choose not to complain about that and just move on. Anything Disney can do to increase that revenue stream is in Disney's best interest.

Steve