PDA

View Full Version : Thanksging

ransam
08-24-2014, 03:52 PM
I have heard that thanksgiving is really bad a WDW. But I have spoken to two people directly that have gone, and both said it wasn't really bad at all.

also will all the Christmas decorations be up? specifically Osborne Lights?

thanks.

VacationDisney
08-24-2014, 05:08 PM
We had friends go a few years ago and said it was horrible at MK. They headed over to AK, after a couple of hours and said it wasn't as bad as they imagined:mickey:

Hope this helps! Have fun and yes, the Osborne lights will be up:thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
08-24-2014, 10:04 PM
We usually go every Thanksgiving and it's not that bad until Wednesday. If I decide to go to MK on Thanksgiving and beyond; it would be in the morning and then hop to another park. The Christmas decorations are up including Osborne Lights. It really is a great time to go; and it gets you into the holiday spirit.

awaggett
08-25-2014, 11:41 AM
We went to MK on Thanksgiving day about 4 years ago. It was not that bad--very crowded, but manageable. We left around dinner-time and ate at the sushi bar at Kona, then came back to park. With old FP system we rode everything we wanted (just not multiple times). That weekend was busy too, but manageable.

Mr. Mouse 2 You
08-28-2014, 03:27 PM
Getting in late Wednesday night - well after the last D'sME run, so staying near MCO for the night and driving down Thursday morning. Staying at Saratoga Springs, so probably good to have a car anyway.

Plannng to spend Thanksgiving Day itself at EPCOT, mostly in the more spread out WS, with a couple of FP+s for Soarin' or TT, M:S, and maybe Maelstrom. Already have a 5-ish ADR booked, so dinner is covered.

Thoughts? Sounds like a plan?