PDA

View Full Version : 20th Anniversary Land & Sea Day 7

brownie
08-24-2014, 03:12 PM
We weren't up super early on Thursday, August 7. Olaf woke us up for the last time, we got ready, and got everything packed up.

After loading all our stuff into the rental car, we drove to Fort Wilderness for a 9:25am ADR at Trail's End Restaurant for the breakfast buffet. Breakfast was very good though I have to say the bus drivers at Fort Wilderness have to be some of the grumpiest bus drivers I've encountered at Walt Disney World.

We had some time to kill after breakfast so we stopped at Port Orleans Riverside so Justin & Mark could use the arcade points from our travel package. That didn't take them too long.

We drove to Port Canaveral and arrived at the Disney Cruise Line terminal at about 1pm. We checked in and boarded the Disney Dream. I think we had to show our documents about 5 times before boarding!

We got directions to our state room, 9021 (9th deck forward) and made our way to our room. We spent about 10 minutes trying to find the tool to lower the bed. I finally called and found out that our state room host would take care of that. I was thinking that it would have been nice to know up front; then I found it in our personal navigator.

After getting things squared away in our room, we headed to deck 11 to grab lunch at Cabanas. After lunch, we hung out in our room until the mandatory emergency drill. Our muster point was the Walt Disney Theatre on deck 4. After the drill, we hung out outside on deck 4 to watch as we sailed out of port.

Dinner was at 5:45pm for us and the first night we ate in the Royal Palace. Dinner was really good.

After dinner, I signed up for the runDisney Castaway Cay 5K at Guest Services on deck 3.

Justin & Mark went to see Maleficent in the Buena Vista Theatre followed by watching Guardians of the Galaxy. Justin had to eat his words about Disney not showing a movie that had just come out on a cruise ship.

Sharon and I watched the 8:30pm showing of the Golden Mickeys in the Walt Disney Theatre. It was good. After the show, I went for a 4 mile run around deck (10 laps). I tracked it on my phone with My Tracks; it was funny to keep hearing I was moving at 20 MPH! If I could only run that fast all the time!

After my run, Sharon & I called it a night. Justin & Mark came back to the room sometime between 12:30am & 1am.

faline
08-24-2014, 07:44 PM
Your first day on board - what fun!!

yjgirl32
08-25-2014, 08:13 AM
Great report- thanks for sharing.

emerzmom
08-28-2014, 05:51 PM
I can't wait to read more about your cruise! Thanks for sharing.
:tink:
Julie

BriarRose0708
08-29-2014, 11:53 AM
Sounds like a great beginning to the Sea part of your trip! Looking forward to reading more :)

hauntedmansiongirl
08-30-2014, 02:08 PM
Sounds like a great cruise so far! :mickey:

vizsla
08-31-2014, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the report.