PDA

View Full Version : Park Capicity

ransam
08-23-2014, 02:27 PM
I have always heard that as long as you stay on property, no matter how crowded the park is, you get admission. Now I heard from a call to Disney, that is not true. That even if you're staying on property, once it's full, no one gets in. Does anyone know what the official rule is?

we are going over the thanksgiving weekend, and I'd hate for the park to be closed when we leave our resort.

brownie
08-23-2014, 02:34 PM
I don't believe they just not capacity and so letting people in. I think they begin restricting before that, and it doesn't immediately impact resort guests. It can reach the point where they stop letting people in, though I think you'd be alright over Thanksgiving weekend. Get to the park before it opens if you want to be sure to not have a problem.

SBETigg
08-23-2014, 03:19 PM
They promise resort guests park admission but not necessarily to your park of choice. There are levels of shut down, and resort guests do have priority for some levels but there is a point at which no one is admitted, not even resort guests. I don't think it has ever happened that every single park has reached full capacity. So if you went to MK and it was already at capacity, they would direct you to try a different park.

The one that has been known to reach capacity is MK. If you're a resort guest without the hopper option during the busiest of times (Christmas, Easter, New Year's Day, July 4...), get there early and stay put until you've done everything you want to do at that park. No guarantees you will get back in if you leave and decide to return. You've had your park admission for the day. But Thanksgiving is not usually a day for capacity crowds, as far as I've heard.

Polynesian Dweller
08-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Disney has phased closures and resort guests are admitted right through phase 3. At phase 4 (which is rare) nobody is admitted. The actual closure phase criteria are available by searching for Disney Parks phased closures.

ransam
08-24-2014, 03:07 AM
thanks for the info.
one more question. Let's just say it's phase 4, but I have a dining reservation at MK. Will I be allowed in for that?

SBETigg
08-24-2014, 10:18 AM
thanks for the info.
one more question. Let's just say it's phase 4, but I have a dining reservation at MK. Will I be allowed in for that?

No. So if you have dining reservations in the park on a super busy/potential stage four day, you need to get there early and stay in the park or make alternate arrangements.