PDA

View Full Version : Scooter power

Going2HeavenRU
08-23-2014, 08:09 AM
Has anyone used a scooter at WDW? I was wondering how long the battery lasted throughout the day and if it was easy to recharge it without having to go back to the resort.

disneymom15
08-23-2014, 09:18 AM
We've had relatives rent them on several occasions and the batteries lasted all day.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-23-2014, 09:46 AM
We've had mixed results with rented scooters. But, generally, the battery should last all day, especially if you turn it off when you're stopped or waiting for a while.

Charging can be OK, but there are less spots than you'd expect, but when we asked, especially in Epcot, a CM was more than happy to help us find somewhere.

Itchy
08-23-2014, 10:15 AM
My lady friend uses an ECV when we go to WDW and we have never had an issue with needing to charge it before we got back to our room.

I have read where some folks have had issues where the batteries died while in the parks and all they did was call the provider service number and they came with a replacement.

We have used Apple Scooter for sometime now as they are the cheapest and provide hazard insurance on the ECV at no additional charge.

We had one of our ECV quit just as we were getting off the bus one night, and after a call to the service dept we had a replacement delivered within 30 min.

Note: The ECV's come with a charger that is in small pouch on the back of the seat. You can take it into the parks and if need be you can find an outlet with the help of a cast member for a battery refresh.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Fangorn
08-23-2014, 10:47 AM
(compared to the flat but expansive Epcot).

You've never actually pushed anyone around Epcot in a wheelchair have you? :D

Epcot is far from "flat". It's just that the elevation changes are long and not visually obvious. But trust me, you definitely realize they're there when you have to push your 6'1", 15 year old football player son around the place (broken foot).

Steve

Itchy
08-23-2014, 11:08 AM
I've heard that Animal Kingdom has such rough terrain, you may need an extra bit of recharging during the day (compared to the flat but expansive Epcot).

But as I'm about to make my own first scooter trip, I may need to confirm that.

We have never had an issue with need for a recharge at AK or any of the other parks. We generally take on two parks in the same day.

MK can have some hill issues like AK, I would just watch the charge meter on the console of the ECV and watch the charge.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Going2HeavenRU
08-24-2014, 05:09 PM
You all are wonderful!!! Thank you for the very helpful information!

Now all I have to concern myself with is getting on and off the buses with the scooter :mickey:

19 more days!!