PDA

View Full Version : "Guests in your bedroom"

ransam
08-23-2014, 02:06 AM
I understand WDW was built basically on swampland, and I've seen snakes and mice in the parks and on the grounds at all star resorts. I'm just wondering if anyone has ever had snakes, lizards, or mice in your room when you've checked. I'm not sure I want to know the answer if it's yes, but I'm asking anyway.LOL

CleveSJM
08-23-2014, 08:01 AM
Nope. I've seen the little anoles (lizards) on the walls of near the rooms but never in a room.

disneymom15
08-23-2014, 09:16 AM
Nothing here either!
We had a lizard in our room in Hawaii, suppose to be good luck.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-23-2014, 09:43 AM
We had a bug once, but nothing more exciting that that ... even when we had a first floor room right near the pool. :)

hoop de do
08-23-2014, 10:03 AM
I did find some mouse ears - almost every trip.
:mickey:
Seriously, Never had a problem.

Itchy
08-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Never seen any mice or other critters in any of the rooms I have stayed at.

The mice cannot afford to get in the room as they can just barely squeak by with what they have...:blush:

Terra
08-23-2014, 12:02 PM

The mice cannot afford to get in the room as they can just barely squeak by with what they have...:blush:

*Ba bump bump* :blush:

Never seen anything here either on the inside. Lots of lizards on the outside having fun in the bushes though.

SBETigg
08-23-2014, 12:24 PM
I can handle lizards or bugs. If someone said they had a mouse issue, though, other than Mickey and friends... augh, no! They creep me out so much. I've never had unexpected critters in my rooms.

Disney4us2
08-23-2014, 12:48 PM

LOL...

No unwelcome guests found in our rooms. Just a lot of noseeums at Vero Beach, and that was only when on the beach at sunrise and dusk.

VacationDisney
08-23-2014, 01:37 PM
We have never had any issues inside the room with critters:blush:

We have seen lots of lizards on the grounds of the resorts, but that is fine with me. As long as they stay outside:mickey:

ransam
08-23-2014, 02:21 PM
I feel better lol

baldburke
08-23-2014, 04:47 PM
We had a pet peacock when we stayed at the Treehouses back in '81. He would hang out around our door most mornings, but he never wanted to come in.

faline
08-23-2014, 05:13 PM
The last time we stayed at Animal Kingdom, we saw a bird fly into another room through the open sliding door!!

Dulcee
08-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Many many years ago we had a snake in our room at the Poly. Just a small garter snake...

JerseyDad
08-23-2014, 08:27 PM
....at POP ...had A bug ...once ...some type of beetle ...I guess (I never saw it ...only wife did).

.....think it came in while door was open ...while paramedics were there ...after wife got her fingertips crushed in bathroom door-jamb. (LOOOOONG STORY).

....while wife was recovering / resting in room (1st floor) ...and 2nd floor of POP BLDG 4 was under renovation ....she saw bug ...called front desk ...they sent exterminator .....and crew ....took room apart ...found nothing ...and offered to relocate us to another room if we so desired. (I REFUSED TO MOVE!! It was room 4012 ....closest to the Petals Bar ...and the food court ...and the buses!!)

....way I see it ....if you look at the USA as a whole ...WE (people) occupy but a fraction of the overall land mass. So ...we're still basically ....'guests' ...and the 'hosts' ...are still the wildlife.

....I can deal with it.

MargaretMessler
08-24-2014, 03:20 AM
Once in a while a lizard will get into a room thru an open door, we just chased it out, or caught it and released it. No biggie.

Susan A
08-25-2014, 11:52 AM
Not a critter in a room, except for the ones made from washcloths! :mickey:

I bet Disney sprays lots of bug repellents.

Keneva
08-25-2014, 12:40 PM
You could probably entice a Duck to enter your room...first floor... lay a trail of bread crumbs thru your sliding door. You could get them to keep going right thru your front door into the hallway.

kerry827
08-26-2014, 04:13 PM
Just back from the boardwalk villas and we had a tiny lizard in our room. So cute. We let him crawl on paper towel and carried him out to the grass. No harm no foul

AgentC
08-26-2014, 08:10 PM
I have never had anything. Pest control is tough in Florida and Disney does an excellent job.

BigRedDad
09-07-2014, 07:51 AM
Its FL and it is a swamp land it was built on. It may not be the same now as it was in the past, but snakes could always get in through the toilet. For the ladies, imagine lifting the lid and seeing one all curled up in the bowl.

GrumpySue
09-08-2014, 10:25 AM
I had a tiny frog in my room at the WL once. He was cute, must have come in when they were ceaning.

joonyer
09-08-2014, 01:30 PM
You might see a palmetto bug (big brown roach), as they are common in the south and like to come inside buildings. The pest control will likely kill them if they stay inside very long, but they are apt to fly in open doors, especially at night. If you are afraid of them, they can give you the "willies".

On the other hand, it's the "critters" you can't see that give more people worries.

minnie-mouse
10-28-2014, 07:38 PM
We saw a snake inside Raratonga at the Poly, right by the elevator. He must have just slithered in the door. Yuck!