PDA

View Full Version : Live from SOG

pcoleman
08-22-2014, 09:43 AM
OK, so before anyone responds back allow me to vent. I promise I will get to the good stuff. Had horrible time before trip with obtaining fastpasses won't go into that. Said to myself maybe we will get there and it will all be fine. First day MK tickets won't work. Spent 40 minutes (not on rides) at guest services they had to issue new tickets. They really didn't work well. Every fastpass was a delay. By third day went to EPCOT and the machine stacked our tickets. Took 1 1/2 hours at services to fix this. No kidding. Later in day found out when they has "fixed" our tickets they deleted my fastpasses. Back to services again. This is how our trip has been every day. We are now on day 6 of 7 and i have figured out we have spent over 5 hours of park time wasted dealing with all the electronic problems.
With that being said, we have had several CM go out of their way to try and help us with all of the problems. We even turned in two names and wrote thank yous to them. The messages go to the supervisors also. The crowds are not that bad. We tend not to do parades and stay away from hubs. Advantureland and Frontierland were EMPTY when we finally got in on Sunday. Road everything twice and made it all the way through first part of Fantasyland by lunch. We have older kids so no A & E. Also fastpass for 7DMR. Same with DHS, once past the hub very light crowds. EPCOT seemed almost empty. Heat index yesterday was 112 so hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Crystal Palace was amazing. Family and friends we brought with us as first timers have had no problem. I would have felt very bad if any of this was happening to them. At least we know how to deal with things.
All in all this has been the most difficult trip. So much planning. Have had some wonderful times but this will be our last trip for a long while. Vacation just shouldn't have to be this hard.

Melanie
08-22-2014, 09:49 AM
Wow. So sorry to hear, but not surprising really. Sigh. After a period of things seeming to get better with the new system, seems like the high summer crowds have brought it all back. I don't care if it's in 'testing' phase or not (and just how long have we been in testing?!?!?), these are people's vacations....spending tons of money. You should not be spending it in a guest relations line! :(

Glad to hear other parts of your trip have been nice. Enjoy the rest! :mickey:

faline
08-22-2014, 10:06 AM
Wow! That's quite a lot of wasted time!! I'm really sorry to hear that!

Hope you were still able to enjoy your vacation time!

Janmac
08-22-2014, 11:06 AM
Oh, dear, what a mess. I was hoping when I saw the thread title to hear good things about SOG because we always think we want to stay there, whenever we've visited the resort for either tickets or lunch. So sorry to hear your vacation has been less than magical.

Steve at Military Disney tips mentions several times in articles about fp+that SOG's computers don't talk to Disney's computers which could result in plenty of fp+ problems. SOG apparently can pay for a patch and then things might work more smoothly but frankly, I don't see why SOG would/should pay for the fix themselves. Shared cost, maybe.

Perhaps if (when?) we hear that a patch has been effected, SOG visitors will have more magical fp+ experiences.

So glad other aspects of your vacation were more fun. Thanks for your report!

Jan

yjgirl32
08-22-2014, 11:22 AM
So sorry to hear. Glad you did have some good times. :(

hauntedmansiongirl
08-24-2014, 05:56 AM
That sounds just horrible! You're so right- vacations should not have to be this much work!

princessgirls
08-26-2014, 12:16 PM
5 hours of technical issues, is waaaay too much!!!

Ughhh.... I am not overly optimistic for my upcoming trip with all of this "new" stuff.

Soooo annoying!

Thanks for sharing, and your report!
Julie:mickey:

KylesMom
09-12-2014, 10:49 AM
Very disappointing to hear of all your technical difficulties - I am so sorry that things have been so challenging. We all love Disney so much, but at what point do you say, "enough is enough"? I think I would have far surpassed my patience limit by now. I am glad you have had a few memorable moments and that your newbie friends have not encountered quite the problems you have had!