PDA

View Full Version : Car Rental

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
08-21-2014, 06:38 PM
Do any of the resorts or I guess maybe even parks have a car rental office on site? Has anyone rented a car other than at the airport while staying on Disney property? Thanks

faline
08-21-2014, 06:52 PM
Car rentals are available at the Car Care center and the Dolphin. There is also a car rental counter at Shades of Green. I haven't rented a car on site for quite a long time but it certainly is not a problem to rent a car for a day on site.

kakn7294
08-21-2014, 09:55 PM
We rented from one of the hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd. We took a bus to DTD and walked across the street.

Dopey's Girl
08-22-2014, 08:19 AM
I have rented both at the car care center and at the Dolphin. I'm pretty partial to Alamo, so it works out well. If you rent at the car care center, they will send a van to your resort to pick you up, though I just took a cab to avoid having to be on a schedule. It was very convienient, as I didn't need a car for my whole trip.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-22-2014, 10:15 AM
Our last stay was at POR. We flew in arriving early evening and took free ME from airport to resort. Next morning while family slept in a bit I had a early shuttle pick up from Alamo and picked up my car from the CCC. Day before we left, I dropped it off and got the shuttle back to the resort. So Alamo worked out great for us, and by renting it on property and use ME to/from MCO airport, I basically knocked two days off the rental.

Because of airport fees and taxes, the rental was actually quite a bit cheaper on property than at the airport.

CAS
09-04-2014, 04:05 PM
We've also rented from the Plaza resorts. Since we go to DTD anyway we just took the bus then walked across the street. Incidentally, it's a beautiful little walkway next to the hotels so it was enjoyable. We used it for a beach excursion, otherwise the car would just sit in our resort parking lot if we were bussing it all trip.