PDA

View Full Version : Be Our Guest Test Lunch FP+

GoBlueLacheta
08-21-2014, 03:55 PM
May have been touched on I'm not sure, but I just received an email indicating that I was able to participate in a test lunch for FP+ at BOG for my upcoming trip in a few weeks.

It did not take away from my other 3 FP for MK that day btw.

You pre-order your food, no payment required until everything is confirmed at the park, and have a 30 min window to arrive at BOG.

Anyone else experience this already ?

buzznwoodysmom
08-21-2014, 05:11 PM
May have been touched on I'm not sure, but I just received an email indicating that I was able to participate in a test lunch for FP+ at BOG for my upcoming trip in a few weeks.

It did not take away from my other 3 FP for MK that day btw.

You pre-order your food, no payment required until everything is confirmed at the park, and have a 30 min window to arrive at BOG.

Anyone else experience this already ?

Yes, we did this back in November of last year. I think this "test" started a few months before our trip, so it's been going for about a year now. It was really nice being able to skip the long line.

Itchy
08-21-2014, 05:14 PM
We got our email a couple of weeks ago and after a small glitch which I caused, the log in and choosing what day and time we wanted lunch went well.

First of all this fast pass will not affect other fast passes as they are not connected. The only issue would be if you have a regular fast pass that would conflict with your lunch time you select.

When logging in please do not do as I did and try to log in using a first and last name as they would appear on your WDW travel documents.

I kept putting in my full first name instead of the shortened version and it kept kicking me out. As soon as I checked my reservation Information I found my mistake.

We have already made our lunch selections and will not be charged for them until we check in at the restaurant. If there is a no show you will not be charged to your credit card, ect.

Hope this helps....:mickey:

VacationDisney
08-21-2014, 09:43 PM
Yes, we got this notification as well. It worked out great for us since our last day at MK we made no dining reservations for the day!
Now we have a lunch at BOG:thumbsup:

We also had made a dinner reservation for BOG earlier in the week and are looking forward to experiencing both lunch and dinner:cloud9:

joonyer
08-21-2014, 10:03 PM
Just so others will know, you don't have to have an email invitation to book this special BOG FP. Disney is just not advertising it, but anyone with a reservation number can sign up for one. You have to wait until a just few weeks before your arrival, when times will open for your stay, but anyone with a resort ressie can go to the BOG FP site and sign up.

pox24
08-22-2014, 08:02 AM
Yes, my wife and I have pre ordered for lunch on Sept. 4th.

sonamae80
08-23-2014, 12:47 PM
Yes, we got the email too! We'll be there for lunch on Sept. 12th! Can't wait! :mickey:

garthbarth1
08-25-2014, 01:48 AM
When does the email come? We are 30 days out and i thought thats when it came :mickey::confused:

sonamae80
08-25-2014, 09:33 AM
When does the email come? We are 30 days out and i thought thats when it came :mickey::confused:

We got the email last Tuesday, which would be right at 3 weeks out from our trip. ;) So maybe there's still hope for you! ;)

garthbarth1
08-25-2014, 11:28 AM
Thanks so much!! I appreciate the info! I will keep checking :mickey:

awaggett
08-25-2014, 11:44 AM
As previous poster mentioned (and there are several other threads on this topic!); we've done the BoG FP twice, and never received the email invitation--it is not necessary.

Definitely check it out, it was worth it.

steamboat willy
08-25-2014, 11:49 AM
Again, No Email Needed. Just go to the beourguestlunch site and keep checking back. We got in 26 days from out arrival date. Before that it says "No Times Available, choose another day. We were able to choose the time we wanted on our Magic Kingdom Day, followed by a 7DMT Fastpass. :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-25-2014, 10:41 PM
I know there are a couple of threads on this, but this seems to be the most recent. :)

We used our BOG FP+ today. I never received the email, but just went onto the site and booked, and all was perfect.

When we arrived (12:10pm) there was a CM with a sign saying that the restaurant had reached capacity for the day. After we ate, out of interest, I asked her at what time does it reach capavity, when are all of the standby tickets given out? I was a little surprised when she told me "some days we don't both with standby at all, FP takes all of the times up".

I don't know how true that it, but I wanted to encourage anyone who was thinking about lunch at BOG and who can book a FP+ for it, to be sure and do so ... seems like it is getting harder and harder to walk up.

JoF
08-26-2014, 04:23 AM
We are 30 days out and I am trying to book a FP for BOG via the website.
I can log in but when it comes to entering the reference details it keeps saying that the reservation and ID do not match!
I have tried my full first name, shortened and initial and nothing is working - can you help at all?
BTW I have an initial booking reference and a different reservation number - it won't even let me put the reservation number in, only the booking ref, but it still doesn't work.
:confused:

wildernesslady
08-26-2014, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE=ibelieveindisneymagic;2430501]I know there are a couple of threads on this, but this seems to be the most recent. :)

We used our BOG FP+ today. I never received the email, but just went onto the site and booked, and all was perfect.

Did you book it the same way you get FP for the rides? When was it available?

JoF
08-27-2014, 04:18 AM
I've logged into the BOG website and I can log in with my usual Disney Password. It then comes up with my first name and surname and then asks me to put my reference number in. This is where is says that my name and ID do not match the reservation :confused:

VWL Mom
08-27-2014, 07:37 AM
Just a reminder to take a screen shot of your confirmation. I had gotten the email and booked the fp for our trip. Checked in yesterday and there was no record of it. I had my screen shot so they got a manager and let us in.

DizneyFreak2002
08-27-2014, 11:39 AM
I've logged into the BOG website and I can log in with my usual Disney Password. It then comes up with my first name and surname and then asks me to put my reference number in. This is where is says that my name and ID do not match the reservation :confused:

Did you register on the BoG website? Sounds like you did, but yet, somehow didn't...

And what reference number are you using? The one with letters or the 12 digit one with all numbers and no letters? You have to use the 12 digit number without any letters...

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-28-2014, 04:37 PM
The whole reservation is a bit of a challenge!

For us, the email never arrived, so I just went to the site 27 days ahead and booked, using the 12-digit numeric confirmation number.

Even without the email, (and I did take a screen shot just to be sure), it made it into the system and all was good.

But, the system "lost" a number of pre-orders, so most people had to order again, which was rather funny when no one knew what they wanted. :)

VWL Mom
08-28-2014, 05:38 PM
We are 30 days out and I am trying to book a FP for BOG via the website.
I can log in but when it comes to entering the reference details it keeps saying that the reservation and ID do not match!
I have tried my full first name, shortened and initial and nothing is working - can you help at all?
BTW I have an initial booking reference and a different reservation number - it won't even let me put the reservation number in, only the booking ref, but it still doesn't work.
:confused:

Make sure the name on the reservation and the name on your Disney account are the same. I read a thread here that the person used a nickname for their account (i.e.: Mike) but the reservation was under their full name (i.e.: Michael) and they needed to change them both to Michael to get it to work.

DizneyFreak2002
08-28-2014, 07:25 PM
But, the system "lost" a number of pre-orders, so most people had to order again, which was rather funny when no one knew what they wanted. :)

Was this recently? I know there was a system wide outage not that long ago, which caused chaos for the guests, CMs and kitchen...

JoF
08-29-2014, 03:55 AM
Thanks for all your help.
I can log in to the BOG website with my usual Disney password.
I have tried using Joanne, Jo and J as my name.
I do not have a 12 digit reference - I have a six digit booking reference and another reservation number which is made up of 3 letters and 5 numbers (this was the reservation number used so I could link my booking to the my disney experience for my fast passes etc).
I will keep trying :mickey:

stephicakes
08-29-2014, 12:13 PM
I was just able to book our FPs!! :thumbsup: We are 21 days out. Used our resort confirmation number. Looking forward to it!

Good luck everyone... keep trying!!
steph

Nut4DW
08-31-2014, 02:59 AM
What is the web address and can you use your resort confirmation number if you haven't gotten an email? Thanks.

stephicakes
08-31-2014, 09:22 AM
The website is: https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/Browser.aspx
(This is an official Dis website but MODS please remove if you need to)

I never got an email - just used our resort confirmation number to schedule it. We logged in using our login that we have for MDE. It took MANY tries to finally be able to schedule a time.

steamboat willy
08-31-2014, 11:51 AM
Again, No Email Needed. Just go to the beourguestlunch site and keep checking back. We got in 26 days from out arrival date. Before that it says "No Times Available, choose another day. We were able to choose the time we wanted on our Magic Kingdom Day, followed by a 7DMT Fastpass. :thumbsup:

At 26 days until we check-in we were able to get past the pick a date screen.

Did you register on the BoG website? Sounds like you did, but yet, somehow didn't...

And what reference number are you using? The one with letters or the 12 digit one with all numbers and no letters? You have to use the 12 digit number without any letters...

Yes....what DisneyFreak said.....

As stated above, we were not able to get in at 27 days, but checking back the following day and GOT IT at 26 days.
Then several days later, we got THE Email also inviting us to join in on the test for BOG.

Does anyone know if it would ALLOW ME to make another lunch FastPass or would it block my first? We will be there for 10 days, so we would have enough time to do another MK Day!

See you in the Castle September 14th.

garthbarth1
08-31-2014, 04:55 PM
OK so I am 24 days out...trying to log in! Where do you find the confirmation number without the letters?? Really trying to get this booked..thanks for any help!:confused:

DizneyFreak2002
08-31-2014, 07:06 PM
1) Log onto your MDE account... Go to your reservations page... The code will be listed there... do not use the number code under your magic bands.. That is the magic band/theme park ticket code... Won't work.. You can also go to your Magic Band page on the MDE site... When you go to customize your band, your 12 digit reservation number will be there.. Again, NOT THE MAGIC BAND CODE.. this number is different...If this fails:

2) use the MDE app... Under the reservations section of the app, click on your rooms and package option... The 12 digit code will be there.. if that fails:

3) If you are using Magical Express, the 12 digit reservation number is on the tags... And if that fails:

4) Call or email and ask for your 12 digit confirmation code

JoF
09-01-2014, 08:29 AM
I HAVE DONE IT!!!!!!
Thanks for all your help and useful pointers.
I now have BOG lunch booked for our first official day in MK - HOORAY!
I eventually found the 12 digit number at the end of the URL link for checking in online - I would've missed it if it wasn't for another poster who said that this is where the number was - it is a bit hidden otherwise and not somewhere you would think to look.
Anyway we are very happy now :cloud9:

VWL Mom
09-01-2014, 10:07 AM
I HAVE DONE IT!!!!!!
I eventually found the 12 digit number at the end of the URL link for checking in online - I would've missed it if it wasn't for another poster who said that this is where the number was - it is a bit hidden otherwise and not somewhere you would think to look.

:thumbsup:

garthbarth1
09-03-2014, 11:25 AM
So if we booked early without the email, directly on the website as I did about 26 days out..since it wont be linked to our magic band is it still consider a FP plus -meaning I get in the FB plus line? We have already chosen our meals and I have printed our order page to take with us. Is that all I need-just show them that? There is no reservation number on there that I can see. Want to make sure that I am prepared since its no linked to our MB. Thanks for any info :mickey: Three weeks out today!

Gregandmel
09-03-2014, 05:22 PM
I went directly to that site and for the first time was able to get a reservation! I never received an official e-mail to do it - just followed this thread. We will be there end of September. Are you supposed to get an e-mail confirmation or anything? It's not showing up on my regular MDE page and I didn't get an e-mail confirmation. But I will definitely take a screen shot. Just wondering if I'm supposed to be seeing this as a reservation on my MDE or not. Thanks!

DizneyFreak2002
09-03-2014, 06:28 PM
So if we booked early without the email, directly on the website as I did about 26 days out..since it wont be linked to our magic band is it still consider a FP plus -meaning I get in the FB plus line? We have already chosen our meals and I have printed our order page to take with us. Is that all I need-just show them that? There is no reservation number on there that I can see. Want to make sure that I am prepared since its no linked to our MB. Thanks for any info :mickey: Three weeks out today!

You approach the CMs at the kiosk and check in... Give them your name and time of your FP... They should be able to find you in the system... Carry the print out just in case... There haven't been many issues (there have been some) where the party is NOT listed at the kiosk, but the print out proved they booked FP...

As for pre-ordering, be careful... Lots of reports coming back that the order you place isn't staying in the system and you have to order again... A print out won't matter at that point...

DizneyFreak2002
09-03-2014, 06:31 PM
I went directly to that site and for the first time was able to get a reservation! I never received an official e-mail to do it - just followed this thread. We will be there end of September. Are you supposed to get an e-mail confirmation or anything? It's not showing up on my regular MDE page and I didn't get an e-mail confirmation. But I will definitely take a screen shot. Just wondering if I'm supposed to be seeing this as a reservation on my MDE or not. Thanks!

You will not get an email confirmation of your FP... And it won't show up on MDE because it isn't tied to your three FP+ choices...

garthbarth1
09-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Thanks for all your help DizneyFreak :) Much appreciated it! Now one last question...if I would have booked through the email invite..would it THEN show up on my MDE and Magic Band :mickey:

joonyer
09-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Thanks for all your help DizneyFreak :) Much appreciated it! Now one last question...if I would have booked through the email invite..would it THEN show up on my MDE and Magic Band :mickey:

No, BOG FPs are a special program and are not part of MDE. That's why you can't book through MDE.

DizneyFreak2002
09-03-2014, 10:51 PM

What joonyer said...

For now, the BoG FP does not tie into your MDE or MB...

garthbarth1
09-03-2014, 11:32 PM
Great! Thanks for all the info :):thumbsup:

joyce
09-14-2014, 02:05 PM
we are also going to enjoy a :secret:" test" lunch at bog. my question is there is no reservation # on my order. it is not linked to our fp lists. should I worry, or call dining to ask about this. I can bring the copy with me, I guess.

heatherb
09-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Please help me understand, as I have been away from the parks for 2 yrs... we are staying off property, but I would like to do BOG for lunch or dinner. Should I call at 180 days out and try for dinner ADRs, or go to BOG and FP that day when we arrive to the park for lunch? Are there any other options? Thanks for the help breaking this down in advance.

mickclub1955
09-14-2014, 03:54 PM
Please help me understand, as I have been away from the parks for 2 yrs... we are staying off property, but I would like to do BOG for lunch or dinner. Should I call at 180 days out and try for dinner ADRs, or go to BOG and FP that day when we arrive to the park for lunch? Are there any other options? Thanks for the help breaking this down in advance.
The FP is only available for those staying on property. It is not a regular FP like the attraction FP's. You have to go to a special website and you have to give them your resort reservation. Dinner ressies would probably be better if you didn't want to wait on the lunch.

DizneyRox
09-14-2014, 05:56 PM
BoG fast passes are pretty tough to get at 180 days, you still have all the onsite visitors that can get them at > 180 days due to the 180+10 booking window.

LandFan
10-03-2014, 07:39 PM
I HAVE DONE IT!!!!!!

Yes! This is the only place I found our 12 digit number too! They are really hiding them well now. I'd even asked a couple of different cast members when I called in to make payments and such and they didn't know what I was talking about, lol. I finally got a person in their tech department to give it to me while I was getting something else taken care of. She was like - "sure - here you go!"

Thanks so much for this info!! Now I don't have to hunt it down in the future. I can just wait until online check-in and get it for myself!

savafan
10-06-2014, 06:27 PM
I've been checking the site every day for the past few weeks, and am just now at 26 days out today, which is when others have said they were able to book the FP+ for BOG. Tried the site a little after midnight, then again at 6 AM, and just now, and I'm still not able to book the FP+. I wonder if I am locked out of this for some reason. :confused:

BrerGnat
10-06-2014, 06:32 PM
I did it at around 20 days out. I could NOT access the page from my phone, had to use my desktop computer.

savafan
10-06-2014, 06:40 PM
I've only been trying on my laptop. My phone doesn't get anything. So, are you saying you weren't able to access the site until 20 days out?

savafan
10-07-2014, 07:03 PM
From the site FAQ:

Why can’t I participate in the test to select my arrival window and preorder my meal?
The test of this new service is limited to Guests staying at a select Walt Disney World Resort hotel and Guests listed on their resort reservation. Any Guest can dine at Be Our Guest Restaurant for lunch by ordering on site.

Has anyone else staying at POR been able to book this fast pass for BOG? I'm wondering if it may only be for certain resorts.

DizneyFreak2002
10-07-2014, 07:06 PM
I've been checking the site every day for the past few weeks, and am just now at 26 days out today, which is when others have said they were able to book the FP+ for BOG. Tried the site a little after midnight, then again at 6 AM, and just now, and I'm still not able to book the FP+. I wonder if I am locked out of this for some reason. :confused:
You are using the special site right? Not WDW's site...

savafan
10-07-2014, 07:12 PM
You are using the special site right? Not WDW's site...

This one:

https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/Home.aspx

DizneyFreak2002
10-07-2014, 07:20 PM
This one:

https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/Home.aspx

Wish I could help more... The only thing I can suggest is keep trying... Log in every day... As long as you registered with your reservation (and obviously you did since you can access the site), the system should detect your check in day... Seems to have almost a random pattern... Some people get the choice 30 days out, and it seems others 26, 25 or so days out...

savafan
10-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Wish I could help more... The only thing I can suggest is keep trying... Log in every day... As long as you registered with your reservation (and obviously you did since you can access the site), the system should detect your check in day... Seems to have almost a random pattern... Some people get the choice 30 days out, and it seems others 26, 25 or so days out...

Yeah, I'm not giving up. I've heard from 2 people who didn't get it until the day before they left for their trip. Hopefully I get something earlier than that though.

BrerGnat
10-08-2014, 06:43 AM
Yeah, I'm not giving up. I've heard from 2 people who didn't get it until the day before they left for their trip. Hopefully I get something earlier than that though.

In August I went to WDW for 2 nights at Pop with my kids so we could just do the waterpark (no parks). On that reservation, I got an email invite to make a BoG lunch FP. It came at 10 days out from arrival.

This time, I never got an email. I just logged in through the link here and it happened to be at tge 20 day mark.

Kplaster
10-08-2014, 09:57 AM
We have 2 rooms booked and I only saw the 12 digit code on the 1 room that only has one person attached to it. I used that 12 digit code but now it wont let me add the other 3 people. Did I mess this up and if so is there a way to fix it?

Nut4DW
10-09-2014, 01:46 PM
When I go to the website now it asks me for my disney login and password instead of my reservation number. It shows some of the days of my upcoming trip as selections when choosing a date -- not all the days. No matter which day I pick, there are no fast passes available. I am 21 days out and have been checking multiple times a day for over a week. Anyone else having these same issues?

savafan
10-09-2014, 05:34 PM
When I go to the website now it asks me for my disney login and password instead of my reservation number. It shows some of the days of my upcoming trip as selections when choosing a date -- not all the days. No matter which day I pick, there are no fast passes available. I am 21 days out and have been checking multiple times a day for over a week. Anyone else having these same issues?

That's what I get as well

Nut4DW
10-14-2014, 09:04 AM
I finally was able to book lunch ressie today -- yay!

savafan
10-14-2014, 09:54 AM
I was able to reserve lunch also!

princessgirls
10-14-2014, 12:05 PM
My trip is November 20-26. Should I still keep checking?

Julie:mickey:

Nut4DW
10-14-2014, 12:17 PM
My trip is November 20-26. Should I still keep checking?

YES! I book my ressie for Nov 3 today.....first time it opened up for me. So, don't give up!

savafan
10-14-2014, 10:42 PM
Persistence does pay off. I was able to get the lunch FP+ today for November 6th, and just now got a dinner ADR for BOG on November 1st. Who'da thunk it?

savafan
10-15-2014, 11:57 AM
My wife convinced me to release the lunch fast passes after I got the dinner reservation, since we've done lunch before, but never dinner

LandFan
10-24-2014, 09:45 AM
Yay! I waited and read everyone's suggestions and today is our magical 27-days-out day so I tried to get fast passes for our first day there (late lunch) for two different parties of three and I was able to do it! The best part is I managed to get the return times to within 5 minutes of each other so we can essentially all eat at the same time!

YAYYYY and our magic bands should be here any day. Can this Friday get ANY better??? :thumbsup:

(Well, Yeah, I guess if we were headed to Disney today it could be better, lol.)

princessgirls
10-27-2014, 10:52 AM
I got a lunch FP for Nov. 22 last night!!!!

Whoohooo!!!

Hammer
10-27-2014, 02:16 PM
I got a lunch FP for Nov. 22 last night!!!!

Whoohooo!!!

So did I! I'll be there for D23's Destination Rewind and we have a break from 12-2 for lunch. I got a FP for 12:15-12:45. Decided to pre-order my meal.

BklynChick
11-13-2014, 06:17 AM
I got mine this morning! Kept checking back every day as they seemed to be adding availability one day at a time (FYI they are up to 12/10. Here's a tip: they will show you two time slots. If you do not like either of them, hit the refresh button on your browser and they will change.

Woo hoo! Doing the happy dance early in the morning! :joy:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-13-2014, 11:43 AM
Here's a tip: they will show you two time slots. If you do not like either of them, hit the refresh button on your browser and they will change.

:thumbsup: This tip is so important ... keep hitting refresh until you see a time you like (or until the times just keep coming back! Don't settle for the first one (unless you like it of course).

Glad you're all set! :)

Melanie
11-13-2014, 11:59 AM
I can't keep up with whatever the current policy is for this, but if the idea of the FP+ (or whatever they are calling it) was to keep a line off the bridge, it's not working. When we passed by a few times in the past week, there was still a long line. :confused:

princessgirls
11-13-2014, 01:01 PM
It almost isn't fair...if you aren't in the "know" then you miss out, what other CS for lunch do you have to do all of this for????? NONE!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel bad for all those little princesses on line, who won't get in.

NJGIRL
11-17-2014, 08:41 PM
Did I read this right.....a fast pass for a restaurant where you have to actually order what you want to eat 30 days in advance.

IMO WDW has gotten to the point of over kill with the pre planning.

DizneyRox
11-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Did I read this right.....a fast pass for a counter service restaurant where you have to actually order what you want to eat 30 days in advance.

WDW has gone past the point of over kill with the pre planning.
Fixed it for you...

Hammer
11-18-2014, 12:56 AM
Did I read this right.....a fast pass for a restaurant where you have to actually order what you want to eat 30 dayhas in advance.

IMO WDW has gotten to the point of over kill with the pre planning.

Actually, what you have is the option to be seated for lunch within a 30 minute time frame. You can choice your order beforehand, but you don't have to do that. Also, even if you do pre-order, you can change your order when you arrive.

I am taking advantage of this when I am there this weekend for D23 Destination Rewind. The event is being held at the Contemporary convention center and lunch break is from 12-2 on Saturday. I have FP+ for 12:15-12:45 at BOG. I am going to walk over, have my soup and quiche, and maybe have time to ride something before heading back to the conference.