PDA

View Full Version : Shula's Steak House

Jeri Lynn
08-21-2014, 07:29 AM
Hi,
I'm looking for any reviews/input on Shula's Steakhouse.

Thanks!

pox24
08-21-2014, 07:50 AM
If you like steak this is the place.Better than any place on WDW property for meat eaters. It's pricy and all a la cart, however the beef is all prime and you will not go away hungry. Service is the best and the beef selections are great and very large. My wife and I go quite often here in south Florida and up at the world as well. We have found it better than Ruth's Chris. For two with tip usually averages around $ 200 with wine. Not for kids in my opinion. Great for special occasion dining.With all do respect to Le Cellier and the Yachtsman, it's not even close. Shula's is a touchdown every time.:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
08-21-2014, 12:58 PM
People here seem to love Shula's in Disney, but we have one in our area that gets mixed reviews at best.

The biggest complaints I've heard (about ours) is overcooked/undercooked meats, mediocre staff and rumblings about the better quality of meats not warranting the huge price difference between, say, Shula's and Bonefish Grill or other popular steak places. (Bonefish Grill has amazing fillet).

That's one of the reasons we've never tried Shula's in Disney (or ours for that matter). I hate to drop a few hundred bucks for a good steak, veggie, wine and tip. For that, I want amazing, life-altering, end-all-be-all steak.

MNNHFLTX
08-21-2014, 01:29 PM
People here seem to love Shula's in Disney, but we have one in our area that gets mixed reviews at best.

The biggest complaints I've heard (about ours) is overcooked/undercooked meats, mediocre staff and rumblings about the better quality of meats not warranting the huge price difference between, say, Shula's and Bonefish Grill or other popular steak places. (Bonefish Grill has amazing fillet).

That's one of the reasons we've never tried Shula's in Disney (or ours for that matter). I hate to drop a few hundred bucks for a good steak, veggie, wine and tip. For that, I want amazing, life-altering, end-all-be-all steak.
Same here. I've been to two other Shula's and, IMO, they're way overpriced for the quality of the food (which is decent, but not to the tune of $$$$).

BTW, the best steak I ever had in the WDW area was at the Kona Cafe, and for a reasonable price.

SBETigg
08-21-2014, 03:52 PM
I've really liked Shula's. It's a typical high end steakhouse, pricey and a la carte mostly. They do have a few price fixe full meal options now and then. I've had great quality steaks cooked exactly how I like (which is medium rare), usually way more steak than I can finish. They have a decent wine list.

VWL Mom
08-21-2014, 08:24 PM
BTW, the best steak I ever had in the WDW area was at the Kona Cafe, and for a reasonable price.

Beth, so funny you mention that. My boys get the steak and eggs for breakfast and rave about the steak.

Jeri Lynn
08-22-2014, 02:12 PM
Thanks for all of the replies. We may try it. We did not get the dining plan this year as DH and I have been low-carbing it. I've chosen two restaurants and wanted one more nice restaurant as we are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary (it was in April but didn't want to go to WDW in April). We are staying at the Beach Club so I wanted a restaurant close to their for our last night of vacation.

SBETigg
08-22-2014, 05:12 PM
I hope you like it. I've always had good food/service/overall experience, but clearly we're all different. My worst steak at WDW was probably at Kona, charred like they dropped it in ash and tough. Obviously, no two experiences are the same anywhere. :)

Shula is dimly lit with lots of wood, more masculine in decor as steakhouses tend to be. It feels more upscale than some WDW places, and I haven't seen kids there (not that they aren't welcome, just haven't been there when I was there).

ransam
08-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Is there a dress code here?

btw. so far the best steak I've had was at California Grill. Wow that was good

MrPeetrie
08-24-2014, 07:47 PM
...as we are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary

Congratulations!!!

SurferStitch
08-28-2014, 11:50 AM
Is there a dress code here?

btw. so far the best steak I've had was at California Grill. Wow that was good