PDA

View Full Version : What shoes do YOU wear (if you're Pooh-sized)?

scooterca42
08-18-2014, 12:47 PM
Heading back after five years! Used to love Crocs, but since breaking a toe I can't really use them for long distance walking.

What shoes do you like? I am Pooh sized. Tried Sketchers Gowalk but there is ZERO support in them, like walking in slippers!

Any thoughts?:walk:

faline
08-18-2014, 01:05 PM
I don't have any recommendations other than to suggest you wear something that supports you well and that you are comfortable wearing. I know my foot doctor would highly recommend sneakers with good arch support - in fact, he believes folks should wear nothing but sneakers full time!!

Mrs Bus Driver
08-18-2014, 02:06 PM
I am PooPlus sized and have worn New Balance for years. They are a bit pricey but if you shop around you can usually find a pair for $30 to $50. If there is a famous footwear they usually have a buy one get one half off. Hope this helps :mickey:

Janmac
08-18-2014, 03:53 PM
I am Pooh sized, especially considering my height, or lack of it. :D My feet are quite particular about footwear, especially since a painful bout with plantar fasciitis about 3 years ago.

Probably you have to find a brand/type of footwear that works for your feet. New Balance's website has good descriptions of types of feet and which shoes work best.

The shoes that my feet like best are Birkenstock, especially the Arizona line. I have sandals, closed toe Bostons and one pair of actual shoes.

Occasionally I can find the New Balance on sale that work for my feet but they don't last long. After about 3 months the soles are worn out. With the Birks, when their soles are worn I ship them to a resoler and have them recrafted.

My feet have been much happier at home and especially at WDW since I discovered what type of shoes I needed to look for. I recommend looking through the information at the New Balance website. (I hope it's still there, it's been awhile since I looked at that website)

Jan

BraddyB
08-18-2014, 06:44 PM
If you have a running store near you go see them. I know some people don't like to spend alot on their shoes but they are a very important part of your wardrobe (especially at Disney) It's not worth saving a couple $'s if they wear out quick and you keep replacing them.

So my advice would be go to a running store and have them watch how you walk. Alot of people pronate or supinate and not even know. You might need a running shoe with stability built in to it. As for what to buy I am a big fan of running shoes in Disney.........what brand well that is up to your feet. What brand might be good for one might not be comfortable to another.

I am a HUGE fan of Brooks, never will wear Nike running shoes again. I also tried on New Balance, Asics, Saucony, and Mizuno but Brooks fit my foot the best. All of the above are good brands, and when fitted into the right shoe, will feel great on your feet.

scooterca42
08-18-2014, 09:35 PM
good idea, thanks - the Running Store is in one of our local malls. I think I know where I'm going this weekend!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-18-2014, 10:07 PM
I'm a running shoe fan, and I agree 100% with those above who say that it is so important to get the brand of shoe that fits you. For me, that's Saucony. I wear them most of the time at the World, and use my crocs for evenings, or when my feet need a break from the runners.

Also, don't underestimate the value of a good sock. Although I'm by no means a runner (I may not be so Pooh-sized if I ran more), but the "good" running socks make my feet just so much more happy.

LVT
08-19-2014, 08:18 AM
Good running shoes and good socks.
I use the open weave shoes for air flow.

disney obsessed
08-19-2014, 08:39 AM
Saucony!!!

dnickels
08-19-2014, 09:39 AM
I see your trip is coming up in just a few weeks, pooh sized or otherwise, make sure you wear the shoes quite a bit before your trip. You don't want miles of walking at Disney to be the first time your feet spend an excessive amount of time in the shoes, that's a surefire recipe for blisters and an unpleasant trip.

scooterca42
08-19-2014, 12:57 PM
thanks for the advice, dnickles. I have the advantage of having a 3/4 mile walk from the train to my office each way, so I figure if I buy them this weekend they'll be well broken in by the big day!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-19-2014, 12:57 PM
I am pooh sized and have always suffered with my feet on trips to DW. Last trip I did some research and learned that if you are going to be doing a lot of walking you should buy actual walking shoes, not running, tennis but walking shoes. They are hard to find but New Balance makes a couple of styles. I bought a pair and wow, I did great. So my recommendation is New Balance Walking Shoes.

BuddyL4
08-19-2014, 04:20 PM
Another vote for New Balance.

gottaluvtink
08-20-2014, 11:13 AM
I live by Reebok Zigtechs. I have tried several kinds of shoes. I go to Disney every year and sometimes twice. Not exactly the style of shoes I would normally pick, but I swear by them, and will never wear anything else. As soon as I try something else, I have knee pain. Give them a try, I promise you will never switch.

Kristallc
08-20-2014, 03:54 PM
New balance TRAIL running shoes. They have a sturdier sole that doesn't mash down like a normal running shoe. I swear by them. new balance also holds up well to larger humans.