PDA

View Full Version : WDW Weather in December

betholtmans
08-17-2014, 09:24 PM
We are heading to WDW Dec 18-28, and we've gone always gone in March, what will the weather be like, how do we pack??? We are coming from MN, so it will still feel great to us, just not sure what to expect!:mickey:

disneylovinmom
08-17-2014, 10:30 PM
I never decide until I see the forecast. Last time we went in December, it was warm some days and cooler other days. I packed capris, jeans, long and short sleeve t shirts, and a cozy sweatshirt and it was all good.

faline
08-18-2014, 07:48 AM
Weather in December can be quite variable. I've been a number of times during this month. Often, I've been able to wear tees and shorts - even late into the night and using the pool was certainly possible. On other trips, jeans and sweatshirts were needed especially in the evening. On still other trips, I was bundled in my winter gear and still chilly (and I'm from the Northeast so am used to cold weather)! We've had temps from below freezing to well into the 80s and, sometimes, you will find all ranges of weather within the same trip. Be prepared for all eventualities!

Strmchsr
08-18-2014, 08:08 AM
:ditto: There's no way to say what you'll need. It can be 80, 50 or both in the same week. Start checking the forecast thread a couple of weeks out and you'll get an idea then.

sorcerer fan
08-18-2014, 09:20 AM
we were there this year beginning of Dec and it was shorts and t-shirts every day, but we've been there in winter jackets and sweat shirts so you never know till it gets close. just keep watching the forcast as you get closer

VacationDisney
08-18-2014, 10:09 AM
We have been to WDW a few times in December. One year, when we arrived it was 85:cloud9: As the week went along the temperatures went down every day. On our last day there the high was only 55!

Check the weather before you go and pack accordingly.

Have a great trip:mickey:

Janmac
08-18-2014, 10:38 AM
Another factor is where you're staying and if you're using Disney transportation. On one December trip we were at Fort Wilderness which means boat transport to Magic Kingdom - our favorite means of traveling.

One night in particular was especially cold - I think the temperature was in the mid-40s. Which felt very cold on the boat. Some guests were wearing sweatshirts on their heads.

While we usually bring gloves and scarves and windbreakers we also look to see if Disney is having sales on sweatshirts and hoodies with the year imprinted. One of the perks of going in December versus January - a souvenir you can actually use. :thumbsup:

Jan

AgentC
08-18-2014, 12:52 PM
:ditto: There's no way to say what you'll need. It can be 80, 50 or both in the same week. Start checking the forecast thread a couple of weeks out and you'll get an idea then.

What he said. Though I have to buy my son new long sleeve shirts and pants this year which probably guarantees a warm FL winter.;)

Janmac
08-18-2014, 04:00 PM
What he said. Though I have to buy my son new long sleeve shirts and pants this year which probably guarantees a warm FL winter.;)

Thank you! Or your son, for growing. :thumbsup: We're so hoping for warm(er) weather in January. We've already decided we need to bring lots of hats, scarves, gloves, sweaters, etc. Maybe we should leave the shorts and tees at home!

(I know, Chris - the weather doesn't work that way but sometimes it seems reverse psychology works as good as it does with kids.)

Jan

AgentC
08-18-2014, 04:43 PM
(I know, Chris - the weather doesn't work that way but sometimes it seems reverse psychology works as good as it does with kids.)

Jan

I know it doesn't work that way either, but yet whenever I decide to lug the umbrella around, it doesn't rain. Leave it in the car when the sky is slightly cloudy and a down pour suddenly appears. :D

faline
08-18-2014, 05:24 PM
I know it doesn't work that way either, but yet whenever I decide to lug the umbrella around, it doesn't rain. Leave it in the car when the sky is slightly cloudy and a down pour suddenly appears. :D

That's exactly how it works for me!! :D

NewDVCowner
08-18-2014, 05:47 PM

Or the day after I wash my car.

Strmchsr
08-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Obviously y'all have stumbled upon the secret to forecasting. Forget studying all the models, physics, thermodynamics, and high level math I had to take. :D

joonyer
08-18-2014, 09:16 PM
December in Orlando. It could be in the 80's or below freezing, or anywhere in between. Check within 1 week of your arrival and and you'll get a more accurate forecast for your vacation.