PDA

View Full Version : Marvel/Disney Fantasy Team Ups

dpamac
08-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Okay. So, this is only going to appeal to maybe one of you. But...I'm a comics nerd and I've been letting the fact that three of my nerdoms, Disney, Marvel and Star Wars are all part of the same family now.

What live action Disney movie from the past would make an awesome comic book series? Examples of "good" movies that could make a good series would be the Witch Mountain movies. You could tell a ton of great stories in that world through a comic book. The format would work wonderfully for it. An example of a bad one that would probably be really good is "Condorman." Okay, well, maybe not really good. But, you know, at least pretty good. Or interesting. It's a guy in a mechanical condor suit. What else do you need?

My vote would be for The Rocketeer. Great hero, interesting story and characters, good visual design with the potential for a great on-going storyline. Plus, it's well-known enough by people of a certain age but interesting enough to interest a new generation.

So, what would you do if you were in charge?

Scar
08-24-2014, 10:37 AM
Huh? :crazy:

AgentC
08-24-2014, 09:38 PM
That's a tough one since all the Disney movies I think of first are animated and so many others are one time stories that I can't imagine as a serial story.

I loved the Witch Mountain movies as a kid and I could see that. I'm sad to admit I've never seen all of The Rocketeer. I really need to one day.