PDA

View Full Version : Villains Unleashed Event Character Line-up Announced

Figment!
08-16-2014, 04:20 PM
The Character Line-Up for the Villians Unleashed Event on August 23, 2014 at Disney's Hollywood Studios has been announced.

Character Meet & Greets

Animation Courtyard
Maleficent

Echo Lake
Emperor Palpatine and Royal Guards (Near Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater)

Mickey Avenue
Captain Barbossa

Muppet Courtyard
Constantine

Star Tours Plaza
Boba Fett
Darth Maul
Darth Vader
Stormtroopers

Streets of America
Bowler Hat Guy
Captain Gantu
Cruella de Vil
Dr. Facilier
Dr. Hamsterviel
Jafar
Shan Yu
The Queen

Sunset Blvd.
The Witch

Roaming Characters

The Sorcerer's Hat Plaza
Big Bad Wolf
Captain Hook
Governor Ratcliffe
Mr. Smee
Queen of Hearts

Streets of America
Anastasia
Drizella
Gaston
Gideon
Judge Claude Frollo
J. Worthington Foulfellow
Lady Tremaine
Prince John
Sheriff of Nottingham
Stromboli

Echo Lake
Banzai
Br'er Bear
Br'er Fox
Ed
Shenzi

Star Tours Plaza
Asajj Ventress
Aurra Sing
Gamorrean Guard
Greedo
Jango Fett
Jawas
Stormtroopers
Tusken Raiders
Zam Wesell

rjmdds
08-17-2014, 08:32 AM
Can't wait! It will be a challenge to prioritize but it should be a blast!

SurferStitch
08-17-2014, 12:20 PM
They really need to get Yzma in there.... Best villain EVER!!!!

Katzateer
08-17-2014, 07:47 PM
:thumbsup:

savafan
08-18-2014, 05:13 PM
I wish there was more sporadic random appearances by some of these characters on normal park days, as opposed to just the scheduled meet and greets. It feels like it happened more often back in the 80's when I was a child than it does today.

VWL Mom
08-18-2014, 07:48 PM
Great list! I'm a bit surprised this didn't sell out yet. Maybe people are afraid of the crowds?

Melanie
08-18-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm actually shocked it hasn't sold out yet. Weird, since it was such a traffic and crowd control nightmare last year for the Friday the 13th event.

i'm grumpy
08-19-2014, 04:09 PM
How rude! Free Yzma!!! :D

DDuck66
08-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Anyone heard what the itinerary will be for that night. Appears there will be too much to do so we will need to pick or choose.

Christine
08-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Last year's experience is exactly why I haven't bought a ticket- the crowds were awful!
Also, mnsshp offers a parade, trick or treating, a special fireworks show, & decorations all over. I don't feel this offers as much. I can see all the Star Wars characters at Star Wars weekend. I can see most of the others at mnsshp or tower of terror. Seriously tho, I wonder if ppl are mad thinking "they did it for free once and now they want to charge us? Forget it". Who knows.

joanna71985
08-19-2014, 08:55 PM
I can't wait!

rjmdds
08-20-2014, 09:41 AM
I can't wait!

joanna71985..I know you are a big character seeker like me…who are your targets for the big night? I will be there and am very excited. This party just happened to land during our stay so we feel so lucky. It's going to be a busy night for sure!

Figment!
08-20-2014, 09:06 PM
Anyone heard what the itinerary will be for that night. Appears there will be too much to do so we will need to pick or choose.

The Walt Disney World Resort has released a .pdf of the Event Guide in advance:

Villains Unleashed Festival Guide (https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/media/wdpro-assets/parks-and-tickets/special-events/villains-unleashed/villains-unleashed-guide-map-081414.pdf?19082014124911)

Christine
08-21-2014, 06:11 AM
Thanks for posting that Jason!

Isabella
08-21-2014, 09:02 PM
What no Dufenschmurtz?

joanna71985
08-22-2014, 09:07 PM
joanna71985..I know you are a big character seeker like me…who are your targets for the big night? I will be there and am very excited. This party just happened to land during our stay so we feel so lucky. It's going to be a busy night for sure!

Hmm, let's see: Gantu and Hamsterviel, Barbossa, the hyenas (those are to start)

What no Dufenschmurtz?

He doesn't come out for photos (and has not at all to this point)

joanna71985
08-23-2014, 05:41 PM
The Character Central album webpage has Flickr galleries of most every character who's ever appeared in any country, including ice shows and parades--
Gantu and Hamster were in a stage show in DLP, Barbossa was already part of the pirate float in the MNSSHP parade, and the Hyenas...well, don't get your hopes up too much. :shake:

Weather permitting, they are guaranteed to come out (they were listed on another website that I trust, along with the rest of the event characters)