PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Experience Closure Re-Scheduled for 8/30/14

Figment!
08-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Disney's Hollywood Studios has shortened the previoulsy announced final operation period of the American Idol Experience attraction by 4 months.

It has been internally announced that the American Idol Experience has been re-scheduled to have its last performances on August 30, 2014.

The park has announced that Dream Tickets will continue to be awarded through August 30, 2014 and will be valid for as long as the American Idol television series continues to conduct auditions.

SBETigg
08-16-2014, 03:37 PM
Somehow, I don't think this news will upset a lot of people.

1DisneyNut
08-17-2014, 09:12 AM
**Crickets chirping** :D

Tekneek
08-17-2014, 10:29 AM
I am sorry for those who enjoyed it, or were looking forward to attending/competing on future trips. It was never my cup of tea, but I can remember a lot of people being excited about it.

DizneyFreak2002
08-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Remember when I mentioned this a few weeks back? The rumor was AIE would close earlier than January and be replaced by the Frozen sing along... Now we wait to see if the second part of the rumor is true...

NJGIRL
08-17-2014, 07:27 PM
I actually enjoyed this when we saw the show....It was a little corny but enjoyable...BUT I can understand it closing. It's an attraction that is good for a one or two time visit, unless you know someone singing that day. Plus, I think the TV show is dying a slow death, which isn't helping to make the attraction popular.

Tekneek
08-20-2014, 07:26 AM
Disney will ride a trend into the ground. Next on the list is Frozen.

Suz36
08-26-2014, 07:58 PM
I had a thought and wanted to know what people think. It's a stretch, but do you think there's any possibility that AIE could be changed to Rising Star? It is an ABC production. ?????

DizneyFreak2002
08-26-2014, 10:30 PM
I had a thought and wanted to know what people think. It's a stretch, but do you think there's any possibility that AIE could be changed to Rising Star? It is an ABC production. ?????

Doubtful... But with Iger and his love of synergy (especially where it doesn't belong) you never know... I mean, after all, there is a rumor that they will be dropping the Osbourne name from the Christmas lights in DHS and rebrand it with Christmas Light Fight from ABC...

The rumor is the Frozen sing-a-long will move into AIE...

ransam
08-27-2014, 03:11 AM
I know but I am one that kind of enjoyed it.
It was a different show everytime which very few shows can say.
it was very Hollywood and one of the only attractions that was live and unpredictable.
I was looking forward to my gf seeing it.
but with the lack of ratings for AI, it makes sense.