PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions

RBrooksC
08-15-2014, 10:51 PM
We will be traveling to WDW in a few weeks; and we have a few questions that we hope to get everybody's opinion on.

We will be traveling to the area the Wednesday after Labor Day. That night we were considering going to DTD. Yes, we are aware of the construction. Will the traffic and parking be a nightmare still during this slower week of the year? And would you all recommend another place to go or just spend the evening in our hotel offsite? We are staying at the Courtyard by WDW on Wednesday night and then staying at POR for the stay at the resort.

We will be going to the parks on Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this week. We have a friend who works at WDW and said he would get us into the parks on his Friends and Family ticket. We were considering using our un-expiration tickets. We have five days left on those.

Should we use those tickets for those three days and get the FP prior to our trip or should we hold on to those tickets when for when we go back with our children next year or the year after and just use the employee tickets and take our chances on the FP hoping the slower week will allow for better ingress to the rides.

We will be taking full advantage of the EMH in the parks during those days.

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Itchy
08-16-2014, 12:05 AM
We will be traveling to WDW in a few weeks; and we have a few questions that we hope to get everybody's opinion on.

We will be traveling to the area the Wednesday after Labor Day. That night we were considering going to DTD. Yes, we are aware of the construction. Will the traffic and parking be a nightmare still during this slower week of the year? And would you all recommend another place to go or just spend the evening in our hotel offsite? We are staying at the Courtyard by WDW on Wednesday night and then staying at POR for the stay at the resort.

We will be going to the parks on Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this week. We have a friend who works at WDW and said he would get us into the parks on his Friends and Family ticket. We were considering using our un-expiration tickets. We have five days left on those.

Should we use those tickets for those three days and get the FP prior to our trip or should we hold on to those tickets when for when we go back with our children next year or the year after and just use the employee tickets and take our chances on the FP hoping the slower week will allow for better ingress to the rides.

We will be taking full advantage of the EMH in the
parks during those days.
Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Well we will be arriving an the 31st and that night we will be going to DTD and to POR for dinner at Boat Wrights.

If I were you and wanted to go to DTD I would. That way you could tell others that you went and survived.

As far as the tickets I am not sure, but if I had someone provide tickets and I did not need to use mine I would. As far as crowds early Sept is our favorite time of year to go because of the shorter lines. We have some fast passes but I don't know if we will need them. :mickey:

Hope this helps...

yankeesfan123
08-16-2014, 08:32 AM
I don't think POR boat would work. Where could they park? Not at POR as a non-guest for an entire evening. Plus, Ive read that they have become privy to the fact that many guests are trying to use their boat service and are trying to stop it as much as possible.

As far as the tickets go... Those non-exp tickets have a combined value of around $1000.

If you use them now, when you don't have to, your next trip will cost $1000 more.

To some people, money isn't an issue. It's up to you.

RBrooksC
08-16-2014, 09:36 AM
No, using the POR boat crossed my mind but since we aren't going to be there that evening we pretty much scratched that as an option.

RBrooksC
08-16-2014, 12:52 PM
As far as the tickets go... Those non-exp tickets have a combined value of around $1000.

If you use them now, when you don't have to, your next trip will cost $1000 more.

To some people, money isn't an issue. It's up to you.

To be honest, the actual dollar amount never really crossed my mind. But that is true. I have a feeling, if we use the EMH to it's full advantage and count on lower park attendance numbers for that day, we may be ok.

Janmac
08-16-2014, 05:56 PM
We were at WDW right after Labor Day about 6 years ago and enjoyed smaller crowds. If you're taking advantage of EMH and are only two people, you should be able to experience what you want to with shorter waits. After about 10:30 to 11 am the wait times may increase.

Our main difficulty during the September trip were the hurricanes with the worst being the drenching rain from one of the outlying bands of a hurricane making landfall between Mississippi and Louisiana. With that in mind I'd recommend bringing shoes that don't mind getting wet, that dry quick and maybe several pairs each. :thumbsup:

Even getting drenched, we wouldn't hesitate going in September again.

Jan

yankeesfan123
08-16-2014, 07:07 PM
You mean guests, or non-guests?
(And was thinking more along the lines of, put off the DTD night until they got to POR as a resort guest, and enjoy the convenient service without parking...If the docks are open.)

Gotcha. I was just saying that people that aren't currently staying at the resort likely wouldn't be able to park there and take the boat to DTD.

Your idea of waiting until they checked in at the resort makes sense.