PDA

View Full Version : 20th Anniversary Land & Sea Day 5

brownie
08-15-2014, 06:21 PM
Olaf called to wake us up again at 6am on Tuesday, August 5. We got ready and drove over to El Centro to get breakfast at Pepper Market. After breakfast, we drove to Epcot to get in for Extra Magic Hours at 8am.

We got onto Test Track 2.0 with almost no wait. Mark & I thought we designed the car to beat, especially after we were tops in the first 2 tests. Unfortunately for Mark & I, Justin & Sharon's design took the last 2 tests and beat us by about 5 points overall. Mark and I blame it on our missing flames. They didn't show on our final design and everyone knows flames make your car go faster!

After Test Track we went on Soarin'. We had to wait in line for about 40 minutes.

When Soarin' was finished, we hopped on the Monorail to the Transportation & Ticket Center. From there, we took a bus to the Magic Kingdom. The line for the monorail to the Magic Kingdom was out of the queue so we save a lot of time. I really like the gray with red trim design for the buses.

We got into the Magic Kingdom and first up was FastPass+ for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Next up were Pirates of the Caribbean & the Jungle Cruise. The wait for Pirates wasn't bad but we had to wait about 45 minutes for the Jungle Cruise.

After riding the Jungle Cruise, we all tried our first Dole Whips. I went with the Pineapple-Vanilla swirl. It was pretty good, though I think the Orange-Vanilla swirl would be better.

We headed over to New Fantasyland and used our FastPass+ for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. It was decent though sort of short. I wouldn't wait in a long line for it and I don't know that I'd burn a FastPass+ on it in the future.

We rode Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid next. We had a good wait in line for it. It stopped while we in the room with Sebastian. It was nice that they turned the volume down until the ride resumed.

Next up was lunch at Be Our Guest using our FastPass+ reservation & pre-order. They weren't letting any walk-ins in, so I'm glad we had made the FastPass+ reservation. Lunch was very good. We ate in the ballroom.

After lunch, we used our FastPass+ for Space Mountain. We then scoped out a spot to watch the Festival of Fantasy parade. It was enjoyable, though the dragon wasn't as impressive as the dragon in Diagon Alley.

We got into line for the Haunted Mansion along with just about everyone else who had been watching the parade. After the Haunted Mansion we returned to Tomorrowland and got into line for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. It was a long wait. Buzz was down and so was the ride photo system. I ended up having the low score.

We left the Magic Kingdom and took the Monorail back to Epcot. We rode Spaceship Earth after a short wait in line.

We headed to Italy for 7pm ADR at Via Napoli. The food was good though our server was less than attentive. It took a lot longer to get out than it should have.

We grabbed a spot to watch Illuminations: Reflections of Earth in Germany and enjoyed some hot pretzels while we were waiting for Illuminations. Illuminations was enjoyable as always.

After Illuminations we did some shopping in Mouse Gear. We headed out about 10pm and returned to Coronado Springs to turn in for the night.

yjgirl32
08-15-2014, 06:39 PM
Sorry to hear about the long lines. Thanks for sharing.

faline
08-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Things certainly are busy!! Still, you accomplished a fair amount of stuff especially since you were park hopping!

BriarRose0708
08-18-2014, 09:56 AM
You all manage to get so much done! Sounds like a great day despite some longer waits than you're used to.

princessgirls
08-20-2014, 11:25 AM
A great Disney day!!!!

In spite of lines, you got on stuff...that's good to hear!

Julie:mickey:

vizsla
08-23-2014, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the report.

hauntedmansiongirl
08-24-2014, 05:46 AM
Sounds like you made the best of a very busy time! :mickey:

emerzmom
08-28-2014, 05:47 PM
Another busy day...with Dole Whips! :mickey:
:tink:
Julie