PDA

View Full Version : Can you get into the park early w/o ADR's if you want to wait?

Gregandmel
08-15-2014, 12:59 PM
My friends are going to Disney World next week and aren't on any forums so told them I would ask this question.

They want to eat at Crystal Palace but can't get any ADR's for the time they want (early - before 9am). Can they get into the park before official park opening without an ADR if they want to be on "stand by" for any no-shows?

I don't think you can do this but said I"d check with the experts if anyone knows.

Thanks!

tnpoohbear
08-15-2014, 01:05 PM
I thought you had to show you reservation number to get it early.

VWL Mom
08-15-2014, 01:05 PM
I would agree with you. If they let people in without ADR's just imagine how many people would try to get in using that.

Gregandmel
08-15-2014, 01:37 PM
It seemed like a genuine question but I also told them the same thing. I wanted some back-up to my answer for them. I think it was a spur of the moment question but I will tell them they can get in at 9am and then wait around if they want. Or keep trying - maybe something will open up before they get there.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-15-2014, 02:57 PM
I've had both experiences. Sometimes (including EVERY time at AK) we are asked for our ADR information and checked off against a list, while other times (including at MK) we just walked through without any real verification.

So, it may be possible, but not something that is a guarantee.

VWL Mom
08-15-2014, 05:05 PM
Or keep trying - maybe something will open up before they get there.

It's good to keep an eye out a day or two before too. Since the credit card gty was put in place people are actually canceling rather than no showing.

SurferStitch
08-17-2014, 12:17 PM
We've always been asked for our ADR ressie number, or our names were looked up in a list. I have seen people turned away who didn't have an early breakfast ADR.