PDA

View Full Version : Crowds week before labor day?

WDW&MK
08-15-2014, 12:31 PM
We have been going to WDW for the week of Labor day and the week after for several years, the crowds are fairly light (not like the "old days" but probably better than most other times of the year). Anyone been there lately week before Labor and the week of or the week after and know how the crowds compare during those weeks?
We are leaving soon for our WDW trip this year and are thinking about booking a bounce back trip, but Labor day will be running later next year. So, due to my work, it might not be good to go that late into Sept for me. I know schools in other states start earlier than here in WI, so maybe lots of kids are already in school?
Thanks for any thoughts!!
Kari

mydisneygirls
08-15-2014, 01:23 PM
Our upcoming trip will be our second time going the last week of August. It was busy at times but I wouldn't say it was crowded. I'm hoping crowd wise, it will be the same this year.

Jodi
08-19-2014, 07:58 PM
We are from WI too and we are heading to WDW this Saturday. We have done both, the week before Labor Day and the week after. Still find the week after an ideal time to do, the crowds do seem to be lighter. The week before still seems pretty crowded. Am to the point of not being able to sleep cuz we can't wait to go!! Have a great time!:mickey:

WDW&MK
08-19-2014, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the replies!!!
Jodi hope you have a great time too!! I know I cannot wait to see palm trees out the airplane window :cloud9: After the winter that we've had and now summer has been mediocre at best, cannot wait for a little heat and of course some WDW magic :mickey: