PDA

View Full Version : 20th Anniversary Land & Sea Day 3

brownie
08-14-2014, 09:36 PM
Sharon & I were up at 6am on Sunday, August 3. We walked over to La Vida Health Club to workout. I hit the free weights while Sharon used an elliptical. They have nice equipment, it's just all jammed into a small space. There's not a lot of room to move around.

After our workouts, we got the boys up and got ready. We drove to Animal Kingdom Lodge for a 9am ADR at Boma - Flavors of Africa. This is another favorite breakfast of ours. It's never been crowded, which is nice. It almost started with a disaster. Mark was sat down when we got to our table and I went to get around him to sit down. He moved and I stumbled. I stuck a hand out to catch myself and it landed on top of a glass, which shattered. Fortunately, no one was hurt.

After breakfast we drove to Fantasia Gardens and signed up for a tee time on the Fantasia Gardens course. While waiting for our tee time, we went back to Downtown Disney. I decided to drive down past West Side. That was a mistake. Traffic is a mess in front of Downtown Disney - avoid it if you can! The reason we were going back was for an iPhone 5C case for Mark. If you have an iPhone 5C, you'll know that case selections at Disney are limited. The D-Tech store in Marketplace Co-op allows you to make a custom case for the iPhone 5C, and Sharon wanted Mark to be able to do it. We ended up spending our wait time driving so we didn't stop. We went back and played the Fantasia Gardens course. It's a nice course, except for hole 17. I hit the limit on the tee thanks to the stupid fence across the hill :mad:. Despite that I ended up with the low score for the course.

After our miniature golf adventure, we returned to Downtown Disney, parked at West Side, and made our way to the D-Tech store. Mark designed his case. Justin designed one but didn't get it. About 20 minutes later Mark had his case.

We made our way out of Downtown Disney for the last time this trip (thankfully - what a mess) and returned to Coronado Springs where we all took naps.

After our naps, we drove over to the All-Star Movies and had pizza & bread sticks at the World Premiere Food Court.

After our pizza, it was pool time at the Dig Site pool back at Coronado Springs. Mark and I made several more runs on The Jaguar Slide. The water started shutting off on one of my runs and shut off completely just before I went. The slides don't work well without water! I made it about 6' before coming to a stop. I had to walk back up to the top of the slide. The water eventually turned back on. Sharon came and hung out at the pool. We weren't able to talk Justin into it though.

After our time at the pool, I got cleaned up so Sharon and I could go grab a drink at Laguna Bar. Sharon had a glass of wine and I had a Yuengling. It was nice sitting by the lake and having a drink.

After we finished our drinks, it was back to our room to turn in for the night. Monday was the official start of our time in parks and we were getting up early.

hauntedmansiongirl
08-14-2014, 11:51 PM
We've been a few times to CSR but never tried the waterslide! We'll have to check it out in September when we go! :mickey:

faline
08-15-2014, 08:21 AM
I'm so glad you didn't get hurt when that glass shattered!

There are so many construction zones at Disney right now!! It seems you can't go anywhere without running into a mess of some sort.

yjgirl32
08-15-2014, 08:33 AM
Glad everyone was ok. Thanks for sharing.

princessgirls
08-20-2014, 11:19 AM
A fun day!

Thanks for sharing!
Julie:mickey:

vizsla
08-21-2014, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the report.

emerzmom
08-28-2014, 05:42 PM
Wow, sounds like another fun day. I have heard lots of bad things about the traffic around Downtown Disney lately.
:tink:
Julie