PDA

View Full Version : POR Princess Rooms

Brooklynos
08-14-2014, 01:41 PM
Hello fellow Intercotees!

We have been to WDW many times but are taking our then 3.5yo daughter on her second trip in January. We booked a princess room as a surprise for her and I was wondering what those of you have stayed in them thought?

We normally stay moderate and are familiar with the room size. But they look magical and so much fun to stay in! Any input? Thanks in advance.

dobby2010
08-14-2014, 02:31 PM
We stayed there In nov. with my then 2.5 year old. Loved the royal rooms. They are so cute. Really feels magical. My son loved playing with the light up headboards. We had a standard view and thought it was in a great location. Near the bridge to the lobby/bus stops/food court. It's still the same size as other rooms and felt a bit cramped with the luggage and stroller and everything but the decor was just lovely. Would absolutely stay in one again

AgentC
08-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Hello fellow Intercotees!

We have been to WDW many times but are taking our then 3.5yo daughter on her second trip in January. We booked a princess room as a surprise for her and I was wondering what those of you have stayed in them thought?

We normally stay moderate and are familiar with the room size. But they look magical and so much fun to stay in! Any input? Thanks in advance.

We stayed there right after they opened. I think my daughter was 4 and my son was 6. They both really liked the rooms especially the firework picture over the bed. They pressed the button over and over. :)

Overall I liked the rooms a lot. There are little touches everywhere from the princess movies.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-14-2014, 08:43 PM
We also really enjoyed our stay in the Princess rooms, they are just cool. There are princess "touches" everywhere that make the room seem extra special.

The fireworks at the head of the bed are cool, even for an adult. :fworks:

Melanie
08-14-2014, 08:54 PM
The fireworks at the head of the bed are cool, even for an adult. :fworks:

And even to an 11yo boy. LOL My son loved it!

We really enjoyed our Royal Room stay, and are looking forward to doing it again. I really enjoy that resort as a whole, and the layout of the Mansions sections where the Royal Rooms are is so pretty.

You guys will love it!

Brooklynos
08-17-2014, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the input! We are excited and our 3 year old knows she's going back but has no clue about the room. :)

Tinkerbella16
08-24-2014, 06:53 AM
Stayed in one last year in Nov for my nieces 1st trip! We all absolutely LOVED it! I will definitely be staying in one again. Most people will say that it is not worth the extra money, but to us it was.. not only for the gorgeous room, but we had a GV Room and the location was perfect- only 2-3 walk to the main building. Let me put it this way.. last time we stayed at POR, our room was in AB Building #24 and it was a HIKE to get anywhere except the West Depot. So the Royal Room was fantastic! :mickey:

debbymc4
09-19-2014, 10:56 PM
Loved the room and the resort. The grounds were beautiful.

BigRedDad
09-20-2014, 07:19 AM
First the positive. The room was gorgeous and very appealing to young girls. Boys may like it too. The resort is immaculate. Three is no downside to being at the resort.

With that said, there are always negatives. POR had the worst bus service I ever experienced at WDW. Mostly it was from the parks. That trip confirmed to me to always drive to WDW. I will never use or depend on WDW buses again.

Instance #1: We left MK around 2PM. Got to the POR station, POFQ was on the other side about 20 feet away. There are about 50 people in line. POFQ bus pulls up with about 10 people in line. 5 minutes later POFQ bus #2 shows up with another 5 people in line. About 50 more people at POR line now. Bus #3 shows up at POFQ with about 10 people in line 10 minutes later. Bus #4 shows up for POFQ. In 30 minutes, POFQ had 4 buses show up with almost no one in line. POR hadn't had 1 and there were other buses just sitting at stops in front of us with no one there. From getting to the stop to getting back to POR, it took 1 hour.

Instance #2: AK. We were at the stop, about 10 people. We were waiting about 20 minutes. No bus. A bus finally shows up, we all get on, then the bus driver says we all have to get off. He walks over to the Polynesian and Contemporary line, tells them to come get on the bus and leaves. YES!!! They made us get off at the POR bus stop and put Poly and CR people on the bus. It was another 15 minutes to get a bus there because they said the bus that was there should have been for us and they have to wait for another. It took 1:15 minutes to get back from the time we got in line.

Instance #3: Proof in the Pudding. We were at MK. There were about 50 people in line at POR and no one at POFQ. I told a dad with 3 kids and his wife that it would be faster to go to POFQ. No one in line a POFQ and the bus goes there. I tell them it is faster to hop on that one and they didn't. My DD and I hop on the POFQ bus. I told him we were at POR and he offered to take us there. We were the only ones on. I said we would walk because we wanted to see the resort. We get back to our room, clean up, get pool clothes on, get a drink and snack, then head to the pool. I stop at the store and I see the family of 5 coming up. The dad was mad. He sees me and we chat a bit. He said 2 more POFQ buses came up with none for POR. It took them an hour to get back and it was crused like sardines.

savafan
09-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback. We'll be at POR in November. What's the walking distance from POFQ to POR?

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-20-2014, 11:11 PM
The walk isn't bad at all, probably about 10 minutes ... depending on what part of POR you're trying/hoping to get to.

I wouldn't worry/plan to walk between them too much. I know there are some bus horror stories (like those above, which are indeed miserable), but there are also just as many reports of no issues at all.

Don't forget too that the boat also runs from POFQ to/from POR on its way to/from DTD. That's our favourite way to get between the two!

disney1026
09-25-2014, 02:16 PM
We stayed in a Princess room at POR last November. My 2 year old and 4 year old daughters loved it! There were little princess items throughout the room that they thought were so neat. Additionally, they could not get enough of the light-up bed boards. I think the upgrade is definitely worth the money. Plus, you are fairly close to the Food Court and Main Building, which I always think is a good thing.