PDA

View Full Version : 20th Anniversary Land & Sea Day 2

brownie
08-13-2014, 11:33 PM
On Saturday (08-02-2014) morning, I was up at 7am and went for a 6 mile run around Lago Dorado. I kept having to avoid the people attending conventions & meetings at Coronado Springs who insisted on walking 3-4 people wide and taking up the entire path. People really need to be more courteous and pay more attention to what is going on around them. One young man had to go to his meeting with a wet sleeve since I moved as far right as I could yet he barely moved out of the way so he could stay next to the 2 women he was walking with. He ended up drying off my left arm for me.

After my run, we all got ready and headed back to the Beach Club for a 10:05am ADR for Goofy's Beach Bash at Cape May Cafe, a favorite breakfast buffet for us. It was good as always.

After breakfast, we went back to Downtown Disney. We dropped Justin & Mark off at DisneyQuest. They spent a couple hours playing video games while Sharon and I did some shopping. It seems like the Mickey rice krispy treats the resorts used to carry have been replaced with cheap knock-offs. We found the classic version that we love at the Candy Cauldron and Goofy's Candy Company. A number of our snack credits went towards the chocolate-covered Mickey rice krispy treats!

We returned to Coronado Springs sometime after 1:30pm. Sharon, Mark, & I hit the Dig Site pool while Justin napped in our room. Mark and I went down the Jaguar Slide several times and Sharon tried it too. It's a decent slide, just watch out for the jaguar!

We headed back to our room at about 3:30pm so we could get cleaned up to attend the 4:30pm Mass at Corpus Christi Catholic Church in Celebration. It was the first time we've been to Celebration, and what little we saw was nice.

After Mass, we headed to Animal Kingdom for Harambe Nights. We got into Animal Kingdom around 6pm and used our Harambe Nights tickets to get in. We were able to ride Expedition Everest twice (Justin & Mark rode it a third time) and Primeval Whirl once before heading to Africa at 7pm for Harambe Nights. The food, entertainment, and Lion King Concert in the Wild were all very good. We really got a good value for what we paid for our tickets, though I wish I could have had more than 1 beer (I was driving). We left around 9:30pm and returned to Coronado Springs to turn in for the night.

We decided to buy the Memory Maker before our trip. The system worked great with our Magic Bands throughout our trip. Ride photos for the rides we rode on showed up automatically in our photopass account. Even if I wasn't on a ride, it still linked the photos of who rode. If you make use of it, it can be worthwhile to get all the photos digitally.

yjgirl32
08-14-2014, 08:13 AM
Thanks for sharing.

Melanie
08-14-2014, 08:39 AM
Nice to hear the review on Harambe Nights. Glad you all enjoyed it. Sounds like a relaxing day.

I hear ya on the walking 3-4 across. :unsure:

honeybear
08-14-2014, 09:44 AM
I've heard nothing but good things about the Memory Maker. It looks like I may need to invest in it. can't wait to read more!

conan617
08-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Thanks for your very detailed reports! I've never stayed at CSR, but I'm checking in about 6 weeks from now so it's nice to get a little intelligence before we leave. I also have the memory maker and I'm glad to hear it is working well for you.

MizMissy
08-14-2014, 10:51 AM
Sounds like a really great "down" day at WDW.

Thanks for bringing us along on your trip!

faline
08-14-2014, 11:50 AM
What a pleasant and relaxed day!

princessgirls
08-14-2014, 02:35 PM
I'm hearing great things about Harambe Nights. Glad you enjoyed!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
08-14-2014, 11:46 PM
I admire you for keeping up with running at WDW! Thanks for taking the time to write your reports! I'm living vicariously through you! :mickey:

brownie
08-15-2014, 12:34 PM
I admire you for keeping up with running at WDW! Thanks for taking the time to write your reports! I'm living vicariously through you! :mickey:

:thumbsup:

vizsla
08-16-2014, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the report.

emerzmom
08-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Harambe Nights sounds like a lot of fun!
Thanks for sharing.
:tink:
Julie