PDA

View Full Version : Capt. Cook's Re-Opens 8/13/14 at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

Figment!
08-13-2014, 08:41 PM
Capt. Cook's has re-opened from extensive renovations. The location features all new decor, flooring, light fixtures, and seating. The seating area now prominently features vintage style travel posters of various Polynesian Islands.

The refurbishment has removed the touch-screen ordering stations that were added during a previous renovation.

The location also no longer serves Dole Whips. Guests will be able to purchase Dole Whips and other tropical treats at the new Pineapple Lanai kiosk slated to open at the resort in Late 2014.

SBETigg
08-13-2014, 09:25 PM
Oh interesting on the elimination of the touch screen ordering. I wonder if it caused more unnecessary confusion or delays.

The Dole Whip is enough of a hit that it gets its own place. So not a dessert choice if you're on the dining plan anymore, probably, but maybe a snack credit.

I've seen pictures of the renovated location, and it looks good.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-13-2014, 09:48 PM
It sounds lovely, but I'm bummed about the Dole Whips. A flatbread and a Dole Whip was one of my favourite CS lunches!

mickeyman42
08-14-2014, 07:57 AM
Boo about the dole whips, but is tonga toast still on the menu? "fingers crossed, fingers crossed" :fingers::fingers:

MyDisneyworld
08-14-2014, 10:46 AM
I always found the touch screens to be pretty easy to use.
Can't wait to see some pictures.

Disneyfun
08-14-2014, 11:30 AM
I find it ironic that they placed a cooler labeled 'Novelty Ice Cream' where the Dole Whip machine used to be - at least as far as I can determine from pics I saw elsewhere. :D

baldburke
08-14-2014, 12:02 PM
We're excited about the good things coming to the Poly! Can't wait to see the finished product!

PirateLover
08-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Definitely seems a bit silly that Dole Whips can't be available at BOTH locations. Ah well. Glad for the Poly guests that at least one portion of this extensive and intensive rehab is complete.

Melanie
08-19-2014, 08:44 AM
I added the menus to Jason's original post.

My son will be all over the Chicken and Waffles. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
08-19-2014, 03:57 PM
I added the menus to Jason's original post.

My son will be all over the Chicken and Waffles. :thumbsup:

I saw a review on these, you get two. The buffalo chicken nuggets are served on top of the waffles, and the waffles are mini, like cookie size. You get two. It almost looks like an appetizer portion, though it would be a meal for me. The reviewer said they were very tasty. They also tried the fish tacos, warning- very spicy hot.

I'm bummed that there is no more grown-up grilled cheese, though there is a ham and grilled cheese. And I'm pleased to see so many choices! Wow. Looks really good.

Keneva
08-21-2014, 08:32 PM
We saw this last week in person. Frankly, the layout looked the same as the old place looked but without the screens or Dole whip dispenser. A cast member said Dole Whip was moving to where Wylans Art Gallery was and would not be accessible from Capt Cooks. :lei: