PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

gottaluvtink
08-13-2014, 07:06 PM
First of all, do you think it is worth the extra cost? Also, if I purchase tickets, will they put them on MDE or will we actually get a ticket?

faline
08-13-2014, 08:22 PM
I've been a number of times. That said, we opted NOT to attend last December when we were there. I have found the price point has increased quite a lot over the last few years. When we have attended, we have not gone to go to the attractions. Instead, we have focused on the special shows (which have decreased over time, in my opinion), the parade, and the special fireworks.

Is it worthwhile for you? That's something you'll need to decide - cost for your family versus what you get for the expenditure. Personally, I would always go for the spurge at least once - love the toy soldiers in the Christmas parade!!

Pirate Granny
08-13-2014, 09:34 PM
Oh Faline, the toy soldiers in the parade are the main reason we attend the Party! :cloud9: they are my all time favorite..next is the new fire breathing dragon in the afternoon parade.

We only go into MK for party and don't use a day on our ticket, unless we have an annual pass that year. You can arrive at 4pm the day of the party.

IloveJack
08-13-2014, 09:57 PM
We went last year for the first and last time. While it was nice to see the castle lighting and the parade, nothing else was different. They quit giving out cookies by 10pm, none of the characters were in costume (there went my idea for our Christmas card), and it was beyond crowded. We went on the first Thursday in December, when it should've been a slow party night. Nope, it was sold out.
It's something I'm glad we did once, for the experience, and the parade was great, but we won't do it again. It's far too expensive for at most 8 hours in the park, and the difference in the park on party night and non-party night is negligible.

spoiledraf
08-13-2014, 10:58 PM
Ditto above. We actually were there the same night. I could not justify doing it again.