PDA

View Full Version : Dinner/Lunch w/ 3 yr old

zoopop
08-13-2014, 03:06 PM
Hi everyone,

Me and my wife are taking our 3.5 yr old to Disney World next month for the 1st time. We've been many times but this is our 1st time to the World w/ him. Were staying at the Contemporary for 6 nights (renting DVC). Right now we're trying to budget the cost of meals.

This is considered a long stay for us and we have some nice dinner reservations at Chef Mickey's, Ohana & the Biergarten. I understand were paying for our DS to have a seat/reservation but do we have to pay buffet prices for him? He's not much of a dinner eater, more of lunch/breakfast eater.

I understand paying for Chef Mickey's as it's a character meal but paying $25-$30 for him at the others doesn't make sense. Do they have another menu for him or can he share w/ us?

Thanks

faline
08-13-2014, 03:09 PM
If he were under three, he could certainly share with you. You do need to pay the cost of meals for anyone three and older. You might want to consider venues other than buffets where you can select from a child's menu and/or not order a meal for your child and share from your plate(s).

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-13-2014, 03:40 PM
Since he is 3, you'll have to pay the child price for him.

If he is a big lunch eater, maybe reschedule a couple of the dinners for lunch. Offerings are similar at the buffets, and the costs are usually a few dollars cheaper.

Janmac
08-16-2014, 06:36 PM
Aren't the child prices for Biergarten and Ohanas under $20?

Jan

VWL Mom
08-16-2014, 10:07 PM
Aren't the child prices for Biergarten and Ohanas under $20?

Jan
I did a quick search online and came up with $16 for O'Hana and $17.99 for Biergarten.

You might want to consider venues other than buffets where you can select from a child's menu and/or not order a meal for your child and share from your plate(s).
Great idea!

ransam
08-18-2014, 01:30 AM
Is it stated as under 3 or 3 and under?