PDA

View Full Version : Resort Christmas Decorations

ransam
08-12-2014, 06:47 PM
This may be a dumb question, but are all the resorts decorated? I have been in the pop during Christmas and they had a huge tree. I am staying at Sports this year, and was just wondering if all, specifically the sports will have a tree similar to it?

faline
08-12-2014, 07:17 PM
I think all the resorts have some sort of decorations for the holidays - some more than others.

retiredfigment
08-12-2014, 07:46 PM
The only resort we have not visited during Christmas is Coronado Spring. I can vouch for the fact that all the other resorts have Christmas decorations, trees, and in many cases Gingerbread Houses.

Katzateer
08-13-2014, 08:56 AM
We love to resort hop during December- and get to each resort during the week. AOA has a really neat tree, Riverside's lobby is pretty and over at the French Quarter it was very pretty too (we go for the beignets)

Nothing can beat the deluxe's - GF is my favorite.:cloud9:

Don't remember anything outstanding at POP and we have stayed there during the holiday season several times. A tree that is bright and sparkly. All the values have a big tree themed to resort in front of gift shop.

It is fun to look at the windows at the value resort rooms- a lot of guests decorate. And the campground at Ft.Wilderness is very nice. I think some of the RV's move in for a few weeks. We went on a carriage ride one year through the campground which was fun.

ransam
08-13-2014, 11:26 PM
oh nice idea about decorating the windows....is there somewhere to buy a small tree?

I remember a couple years ago we went to see hoop de revue and spent some time walking around where people were camped and they had great decorations.

brownie
08-13-2014, 11:35 PM
oh nice idea about decorating the windows....is there somewhere to buy a small tree?

I remember a couple years ago we went to see hoop de revue and spent some time walking around where people were camped and they had great decorations.

The Christmas stores at Downtown Disney and Hollywood Studios have a small tree that costs somewhere around $40.

ransam
08-15-2014, 03:47 AM
That's not too bad. I don't want to have to pack I though and take it home. Maybe I will just give it to a couple we see coming in when we leave.

Janmac
08-16-2014, 06:12 PM
We got our tiny trees from Dollar Store for an insanely cheap amount but it was about a dozen years ago. They were small and looked worse than Charlie Brown's tree until I fluffed them up. I glued small garlands and small light strings on them; think I had about $20 in each tree. Brought an extension cord and various other room decorations. When we were ready to leave, I put everything in a box with a note to Mousekeeping asking that the decorations be used Mousekeepers or donated.

The deluxe resorts are very nicely decorated but my favorite is Fort Wilderness. Those decorations are by guests and some of them are amazing. I think they must have a trailer to pack them all in.

Jan