PDA

View Full Version : DHS fireworks viewing from POP

tsantillo
08-11-2014, 03:11 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but you can see the Frozen fireworks show at DHS from Pop Century. We stayed in Bldg 2 a few weeks ago. We heard booming noises toward 10 pm and went outside to see what it was. From the 4th floor, through the trees, over the top of AoA, we could see the beautiful Frozen fireworks! It was really amazing! We saw fireworks I've never seen before.

If you do try to catch it, make sure you stay after the first set is finished. There's another set. We were halfway back to our room when we heard it start up again. The whole show is pretty short, but well worth it if you are in viewing range.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Oh how cool! What a great surprise!

It look me a while to get used to hearing the fireworks from the resorts, for the first night or so I kept thinking it was thunder.

yankeesfan123
08-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Also try from the beach at the beach club. Beautiful view of the fireworks over the Boardwalk!

Melanie
08-11-2014, 08:19 PM
'TIs true, you can see them from Caribbean Beach as well, and also Illuminations (if you're into that kind of thing ;) ).

Katzateer
08-11-2014, 09:48 PM
Good to know -thanks. You used to be able to see Epcot fireworks when POP first opened. Is that still possible or are the trees too tall?

Melanie
08-11-2014, 09:56 PM
Good to know -thanks. You used to be able to see Epcot fireworks when POP first opened. Is that still possible or are the trees too tall?

From Trinidad South at CBR, the section that butts right up to POP, you can see the upper level POP rooms. I'd think you'd have to be on of the 2nd or 3rd floor to see Illuminations.

Katzateer
08-12-2014, 08:10 AM
From Trinidad South at CBR, the section that butts right up to POP, you can see the upper level POP rooms. I'd think you'd have to be on of the 2nd or 3rd floor to see Illuminations.

:thumbsup:We were able to when POP first opened. 3rd or 4th floor in 60's building, I believe. Maybe on Monday we will just try to view from POP instead of taking a bus to get closer. I am already worn out thinking of the heat and rain. January sounds better for our trip at this point. And I am kind of wishing we would have scheduled Universal for 2 of the days. I really want to go for HP but want both the girls to go. Once we get to WDW I am sure it will be good.

tsantillo
08-12-2014, 02:50 PM
We could see Illuminations from the end of the bldg through a narrow gap in the trees. We didn't linger since we've seen it before and the actual fireworks are only part of the show.

jans2kids
08-14-2014, 01:21 PM
We sat in the computer pool at the POP and watched the Frozen Fireworks. Saw more of the fireworks from there than we did from inside the park with a view partially blocked by Palm Trees.