PDA

View Full Version : Party of 5 - best bet?

pamelaprincessP
08-11-2014, 02:10 PM
We have a reservation at Value Music Suite for February 2015. Wanted to know other options to upgrade if specials/discounts come out in October. Port Orleans Riverside comes up when you price for 5, but found out that the trundle is for 9 yr old or younger. Any suggestions on other options other than the Fort Wilderness cabins?

AgentC
08-11-2014, 02:24 PM
You can do five in

All of the deluxe standard rooms except Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge
The suites at Art of Animation
All of the 2 bedroom deluxe villas
Some of the 1 bedroom deluxe villas. Bay Lake Tower , Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West and the Grand Floridian sleep 5
The studio villas at the Grand Floridian

CleveSJM
08-11-2014, 03:11 PM
We've always enjoyed two value rooms when we've had 5 or 6. You get 4 beds and two full bathrooms. And it's affordable. Best way we've found. And they've always been able to give us connecting rooms although they don't guarentee that.

pamelaprincessP
08-11-2014, 10:09 PM
I thought the suites at Music were connected. Are they two separate rooms?

brownie
08-11-2014, 10:47 PM
I thought the suites at Music were connected. Are they two separate rooms?

They turned 2 connecting rooms into a suite to make the family suites at All-Star Music. You can see the layout here: All-Star Music Resort (http://intercot.com/resorts/disney/allstarmusic/default.asp).

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
08-12-2014, 12:23 PM
Party of five here also. We have done both the two connecting rooms at the All Stars/Pop and also all in one room at the deluxe. Have to say, like it was said before, like the two connecting rooms at the All Stars much better. Two rooms, four beds and two bathrooms. Sweet.

Lizzie
08-13-2014, 03:52 PM
I think the are currently remodeling Caribbean Beach and some of the rooms will sleep five but it will also be a trundle type of bed.

etibbetts
08-14-2014, 12:32 PM
I agree w/ the two value rooms. We priced it out for our group of 5 and it was cheaper to do the 2 standard value rooms at AOA then the suite at AOA. As others have said, if you get connecting rooms, it works great.

I think trying to squeeze 5 into a room at riverside would be tight.

pamelaprincessP
08-14-2014, 12:50 PM
Thank you all for the great feedback. Looking forward to the trip and glad we can have two bathrooms!

tnpoohbear
08-15-2014, 01:00 PM
What about Art of Animation Suites I have stayed there twice and I am pretty sure that sleeps 5. the Lion King Suite has a pull down bed with a backdrop of Zimba and a light that my son loved!:mickey:

azcavalier
08-18-2014, 04:37 PM
I agree w/ the two value rooms. We priced it out for our group of 5 and it was cheaper to do the 2 standard value rooms at AOA then the suite at AOA. As others have said, if you get connecting rooms, it works great.

I think trying to squeeze 5 into a room at riverside would be tight.

Eh. We've done it many times. Of course, the 5th is now a 9-year old. We'll be doing it again in January.

We've never done two rooms before. But we have stayed at a room in the Beach Club that slept five, and it was a blast. It's probably more expensive than two value rooms, however. But I will say this...that was one awesome room. At an awesome hotel. It was worth it. It was amazing to be able to walk out the side door and be at the International Gateway in less than two minutes. At France's bakery and gelato shop in under five minutes. Or to be able to swim in the sand-bottom pool or quickly go to the Boardwalk's shops and entertainment.

You can certainly go and do two rooms at a value. But if you want a truly memorable experience, stay at the Beach Club and request a deluxe room out at the far end of the hotel.