PDA

View Full Version : Different Savannas at AKL???

mommy2maddi
08-11-2014, 01:15 AM
We are going to WDW in January and are staying at AKL. We have never stayed there and are wondering what the difference between the savanna view rooms, and the Arusha savanna view rooms are? I assume Arusha savanna rooms are better since they are more costly but wondering if anyone has stayed at them that can give us input. Thanks!!!
:mickey::mickey::mickey:

EJS-Houston
08-11-2014, 11:11 AM
Can't really give you a comparison, but can tell you that my experience staying in an Arusha Savannah Room was wonderful. Anytime you come back to the room there are animals to watch outside your balcony, with a scene worthy of the opening of Lion King (okay, I'm exaggerating a little bit here) at dusk every night. If you have any photographers in your party, it'll be hard to tear them away from the balcony.

pox24
08-11-2014, 01:01 PM
We've stayed there at least 6 times and never had a bad savannah experience.

mommy2maddi
08-31-2014, 12:22 AM
Thanks!!!

BigRedDad
09-07-2014, 07:38 AM
We were spoiled on our first visit there. Due to 9/11, a Disney screw up, we were upgraded to a Savannah view room on the second floor by Arusha rock. It is absolutely incredible. As a gift to our daughter, we rented DVC points for a Savannah view room. We were on something like the 7th floor facing the Sunset Giraffe lounge. If you were not there at sunset when they herded the giraffes around, all you saw was an Ankole cattle that was literally tied down because nothing would stay there.

My advice is to not spend the money for a Savannah view room. You are better off walking to the viewing areas. The reason for this is there is no guarantee what you will get as a view. If I paid the extra money for that Savannah view room, I would have been demanding a room change or partial refund.

VWL Mom
09-07-2014, 08:01 AM
If you're booking the lodge the Arusha Savannah is a confirmed request and is the largest of the savannas and supposedly the most active. Savannah view will either of the two smaller savannas.