PDA

View Full Version : Is it crazy to stay at POLY now?

JoDisney
08-09-2014, 05:57 PM
What is missing now?

I understand Volcano pool is closed? Is other pool closed?

Is monorail closed?

Is Captain's food court area closed now?

What view is available? Marina, monorail, garden, etc. or is construction so bad?

What about restaurants?

Thanks.

faline
08-09-2014, 07:24 PM
when we were in Disney in May, the whole site looked rather dismal. Ceremonial House was in pretty decent shape but they already had one construction wall up and I would guess they've added more since then. Not sure about pool status but I'd probably not stay there until things are put back together.

VWL Mom
08-10-2014, 07:54 AM
From the pictures I've seen posted I agree with Faline, dismal. Personally, for the price, I wouldn't want to stay there right now because it seems something is going on everywhere.

That aside Capt Cooks is scheduled to reopen late August, Kona and O'Hana are currently open, monorail is accessible, and the East Pool is open.

DebK
08-10-2014, 08:00 AM
I agree. We were there last month and it was dismal.....

SBETigg
08-10-2014, 10:19 AM
If you're a hard core Poly fan, and the construction interests you instead of annoying you, it might be worth it. My sister stayed a few nights in July. Construction was everywhere and it did impact that romantic vibe a little (it was her honeymoon, mostly spent at Yacht Club). But, they had great service and a lovely room in Hawaii (overlooking the construction along the lagoon). So the view wasn't great but they still enjoyed the location, their room, 'Ohana, and the concierge lounge.

I wouldn't spend the money for a Poly room now, considering they aren't really offering significant price breaks to make up for the inconvenience and ugliness of construction (as far as I've heard). There are plenty of other deluxe resorts in great shape. I would choose one of the others.

eandrsmom
08-10-2014, 11:05 AM
We stayed over Fourth of July and weren't bothered by the construction. I think it depends on your expectations and how much time you spend at the resort. There were construction walls up around the GCH, but they were well done and blended in with the decor. We don't do a lot of shopping at the resorts, so it didn't bother us that some of the shops were closed. You could still ship your purchases from around the parks back to Poly. We stayed in the Aotearoa Longhouse, and heard no construction noise. I think that as long as you stay on that side of the resort, you'd be fine as far as construction noise is concerned. We bought food at Captain Cooks and ate out by the pool. The food was good. All being said, we had a great time. We were able to enjoy the beach, pool, and utilize the monorail. We chose to stay because I got a great discounted rate over the holiday. Because of my kids, I don't think I'd consider staying now that the pool is closed. I've also read that they are repaving some of the walkways, so that could make it difficult to get around the resort. With a really great rate, we'd probably consider booking during the winter when it's too cold to swim, otherwise we'd stay at another resort.

AgentC
08-10-2014, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't spend the money for a Poly room now, considering they aren't really offering significant price breaks to make up for the inconvenience and ugliness of construction (as far as I've heard). There are plenty of other deluxe resorts in great shape. I would choose one of the others.

I'm with Sherri on this. If they were giving more of a discount, I would consider it but I just don't feel like they've lowered the price enough during construction.

pox24
08-11-2014, 09:39 AM
I drove up to play golf this week end and decided to check it out. Frankly, I would wait until its all done and then enjoy its new beauty.

#1donaldfan
08-11-2014, 01:19 PM
I have said since our trip in July that it's terrible and I'd be ticked off if I were staying there. I was thinking if I were a first time Disney goer, I may never return because the magic is just not there. So many things covered, gone, closed...it's bad. Anyway, we did eat at both Ohana's and Kona, and both were great food and service, it's just everything around it stinks !! :mickey:

Keneva
08-21-2014, 08:48 PM
We walked thru it last week when we were taking our kids to the old Neverland Club (now Club Disney). The entire resort was "lifeless". I was sad walking thru it knowing what vibe it used to have. However, when the construction is done I'm sure it will come back to life and I'm looking forward to seeing it then. The Club Disney was very nice and new and the same friendly people were there from our last visit. :papple:

kerry827
08-26-2014, 04:15 PM
dismal so dismal :(

Ohana still open and DELICIOUS!!!!!!!