PDA

View Full Version : Memory Maker questions

WDW&MK
08-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Heading to the World in 3 1/2 weeks:cloud9:, so today just got a flier in the mail on memory maker. I was not going to do this, but now I am thinking about it. Are the pics just digital or do you get a CD? How do you get pics from the rides onto the memory maker?

Most importantly, we don't print any photos ourselves at home. Can you take it to Walgreens or Walmart to print? The reason I ask is that we tried to print a photo of my DH from like 40 years ago and walgreens would not let us because they said it was copyrighted and the photographer had the rights to the pic (it was obviously a posed photo but did not have any studio or photographer name on it and it did not say copyrighted on the front or the back of the pic). So, where can you take to print and not have a copyright issue?

Thank you!
Kari

Pirate Granny
08-09-2014, 05:26 PM
No more CD's unless you pay extra. You download onto your computer once you edit them ( add borders, crop, etc). Your magic band will automatically read and your ride pictures will magically appear on memory maker! We had ten of us linked and it worked perfectly for how many and whoever were on the rides. We were in five car in toy story and all five cars had pictures. A bit expensive, but we were there two weeks and had something like 500 pictures...ALAS, but none of the entire group in front of the castle :( My DD had all hers printed at Walmart

faline
08-09-2014, 05:28 PM
With Memory Maker, you no longer get a cd but I believe you can still order a cd at an additional cost. You need to purchase Memory Maker at least three days prior to arrival. If you purchase after you arrive at the park, it will not begin until three days later. To add your ride photos, you need to go to the sales desk of the ride and have your ride photo linked to your account. You will receive a license that allows you to print photos for personal use. Keep in mind you have a limited amount of time in which to download your photos.

Charam
08-09-2014, 08:00 PM
With Memory Maker, you no longer get a cd but I believe you can still order a cd at an additional cost. You need to purchase Memory Maker at least three days prior to arrival. If you purchase after you arrive at the park, it will not begin until three days later. To add your ride photos, you need to go to the sales desk of the ride and have your ride photo linked to your account. You will receive a license that allows you to print photos for personal use. Keep in mind you have a limited amount of time in which to download your photos.

Wow, thanks for the info about the ride photos - I was under the impression that they were linked automatically through the magic bands. We've never used MM before; we signed up for it this trip, so that's good to know! :)

EeyoresBestFriend
08-09-2014, 08:19 PM
After reading some of the stuff here - is there a difference between the old Photopass and MM? I just got the MM for our upcoming trip and thought it was the updated term for Photopass and that they just added the ride photos. Are there significant differences? Is it all done through the band and can all 15 people in our party use it? I can still download it once I get home and print off pictures, yes? :confused:

EeyoresBestFriend
08-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Perfect - thanks!

I was hoping it wasn't a complete nightmare for a group like FP+ is going to be. :thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
08-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Our ride pictures were automatically linked, we weren't required to stop or do anything...so were our pictures at any ADR that provided a picture with the princesses or character (ie, Chef Mickey formal pictures with the plate before you are seated), along with BBB pictures and Pirte league pictures....wonderful idea...BUT you need to link everyone to the same MM account in order for it to work for your entire party. My daughter linked all ten of us up, so even when I didn't ride (I purchased the MM) their ride pictures were still captured on MM. Pricey, but not a whole lot to remember...you do have to have the photo pass people in the parks scan your MB when they take your pictures.

WDW&MK
08-10-2014, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the info!!!
Kari

WDW&MK
08-10-2014, 06:05 PM
So, for any of you that have purchased memory maker, did you order a CD from disney? If so, how much did it cost? I am looking online and the CDs are more than the memory maker. I am hoping that you get a good deal if you purchase memory maker.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-10-2014, 09:39 PM
You don't need to buy the CD from Disney, if you want a CD you can make it yourself at home after downloading the pictures. I'm just thinking that buying it from Disney would be so much more expensive!