PDA

View Full Version : Live from my deck at WL

marlyn
08-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Just sitting out here, looking at the contemporary, listening to the boat whistles on the lake. It's. Beautiful sunny morning, not too humid......yet!

Will be heading out to Animal Kingdom today. Had an awesome day at Typhoon Lagoon yesterday, then headed over to disney quest before the skies opened up and it rained....and rained huge!! Crowds were reasonable at both locations.

Dinner was at Rgalan Road and we had a great time! When I checked in I asked to be close to the entertainment, and we were seated at a table right in the middle, directly in front of the stage. I've started requesting what it would like and it sure has worked this trip. We have the room location we asked for, received a forward facing booth on bottom row at garden grill after asking and then the front row table at raglan road. It's amazing what you receive when asking politely.

Same goes for a bad situation we faced last night. My son had to send in some scholarship forms that he required for university. The track coach had sent it to the wrong email so we came on vacation and didn't know they were due. He was messaged last night and told they were due that night. It was 10:00 at this point. Tried to fill them out on iPad, would t work. Needed a computer....

Well, guess what....If you require a computer in the evening at wdw...good luck. Our front desk didn't have one. The business centre at the contemporary apparently closed at 5:00. The lady at the desk called all over and found one at All Star Sports in a "quiet room" off reception that we could us. We had no car. Waited an hour for a taxi despite our resort phoning 4 times. Finally get to All Stars, use computer (they were very helpful) then No Taxi again. By now it's midnight!! So we saw a bus to magic kingdom pull up, asked if we could go with him back to magic kingdom so we could take bus to wilderness lodge from there. He said that because magic kingdom was closed he couldn't take passengers on his return trip....but he let us anyhow. Then, much to our surprise, he turned into Wilderness Lodge and dropped us off at our resort! We were exhausted and he totally made our night! We gave him the money that we would have given a taxi (he wouldn't take it, so we put it on the dash in front of him, thanked him profusely and got off bus!

Moral....don't leave for vacation with any unfinished business lol

faline
08-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Whew!! Quite a hectic evening!! Glad you got it all worked out!

SBETigg
08-05-2014, 10:16 AM
It sounds lovely where you are right now. I love waking up to the sounds and activity on Seven Seas lagoon.

Wow, last night, what a night. The scarcity of cabs really surprises me. I've never had a hard time getting a cab at WDW resorts. Figures it would happen when you need it most. What a wonderful bus driver to bring you right to your resort! Also great that they did what they could to get your son what he needed. So glad that worked out for you!

princessgirls
08-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Whoa...some stressful moments for you for sure!
Glad it all worked out!!

Enjoy the rest of your magical vacation!
Julie:mickey:

tinkx2
08-13-2014, 02:15 PM
Even through all the stress the Disney Magic came through at the end.... GREAT Bus Driver!!! That is what Disney is all about the special little things that they do. Glad everything worked out.

hauntedmansiongirl
08-15-2014, 12:01 AM
So happy for you that the computer issue was figured out! What an awesome bus driver! :mickey:

yjgirl32
08-15-2014, 08:27 AM
Love Disney Magic. Hope you have a great trip.