PDA

View Full Version : Is the Yeti Finally Being Fixed?

DizneyFreak2002
08-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Didn't want to bury this in the rumors thread since this comes from a highly respected source (tikiman)... He says the money has been approved and yeti will in fact be fixed... Won't be a quick fix, he says, and Everest will be down for a lengthy period of time...

If anyone follows tikiman, he knows his stuff!!!! So let's hope this does in fact happen...

seanyred
08-04-2014, 05:42 PM
Hope it is true but I would have thought they would wait till Avatar is complete. That way they would have at least something to off set the loss of a major attraction for an extended period of time.

Fangorn
08-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Hope it is true but I would have thought they would wait till Avatar is complete.

Who says they won't? What's a decade or so between friends anyway? ;)

Steve

Mrs Bus Driver
08-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Would love to see this happen. Any idea as to when? :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
08-05-2014, 06:48 PM
Would love to see this happen. Any idea as to when? :mickey:

When tikiman put this out there, he didn't say when... Others are saying fiscal year 2015, which begins October 1, 2014 and runs through Sept 30, 2015...

Mrs Bus Driver
08-06-2014, 08:10 AM
Thanks DisneyFreak, I wouldn't mind it being closed during my next trip if it finally gets fixed. :mickey:

MrPeetrie
08-06-2014, 10:08 AM
I have never seen it in full working mode. We are returning September 2015. I know I'm overly optimistic, but I'd love to see it repaired by then.

joonyer
08-09-2014, 09:13 AM
It's been so long, I'll have to see it to believe it. I hope it's true anyway.

RBrooksC
08-12-2014, 10:22 AM
Well, from everything I have heard, the problem with the Yeti has always been the design of the ride. The mountain, coaster and Yeti are there separate and distinct items. There is no access point around the Yeti to do any work.

So, they only way to really fix any problems, like the one that has occurred is to take the ride down for a lengthy time to fix it.

That is something has costs in time and in money. And when you still have full parks and waits that are an hour plus, it wouldn't be in the company's best interest to take the ride down to fix it.

They company does know it needs to be fixed and, if they are talking about doing it now, it is may be time for the ride's normal lengthy refurb and they can justify repairing the Yeti at the same time.