PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk Rumors, Shall We?

DizneyFreak2002
08-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Here are some rumors circulating today... Remember, these are rumors, nothing confirmed by Disney at all... So please, do not take these as facts...

American Idol, which is scheduled to close January 2015, will actually close earlier... The building will not sit vacant... Instead, the successful summer addition of the Frozen sing-a-long will move into the AIE building... Meaning the sing-a-long will be around for a bit longer... For the holiday season, Comedy Warehouse will move into Premiere Theater, where the sing-a-long currently resides...

More entertainment cuts? The clowns in Storybook Circus, and maybe the Royal Merry Makers, are rumored to be getting the axe...

Melanie
08-04-2014, 01:30 PM
More entertainment cuts? The clowns in Storybook Circus, and maybe the Royal Merry Makers, are rumored to be getting the axe...

For me, the Storybook (why do I always want to type Storybrook?!?! OUAT!) Circus clowns won't be missed. Just didn't fit to me, personally. Clowns are so polarizing.

Hammer
08-04-2014, 01:38 PM
For me, the Storybook (why do I always want to type Storybrook?!?! OUAT!) Circus clowns won't be missed. Just didn't fit to me, personally. Clowns are so polarizing.

Agree 100%. I would not be surprised if people complained about the clowns as they freak out many people.

cer
08-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Yeah, was never really a fan of the clowns...

AgentC
08-04-2014, 01:56 PM

I agree too. I didn't mind the clowns but I didn't find them entertaining. I also didn't think their show had the best theme for a child centric part of the park.

I don't think I've ever seen the Royal Merry Makers.

cer
08-04-2014, 01:57 PM

Are the Royal Merry Makers another entertainment group in Magic Kingdom? This isn't the group that performs in the UK in Epcot, is it? - surely not.

Melanie
08-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Are the Royal Merry Makers another entertainment group in Magic Kingdom? This isn't the group that performs in the UK in Epcot, is it? - surely not.

I think the Royal Merry Makers (someone correct me if I'm wrong) are the group that perform around the new castle walls area in Fantasyland. They debuted when the new Fantasyland area opened. Although all I can really recall about them are their pretty costumes. I'm not sure if they are strictly music, or if there is comedy involved, etc.

AgentC
08-04-2014, 02:07 PM
I think the Royal Merry Makers (someone correct me if I'm wrong) are the group that perform around the new castle walls area in Fantasyland. They debuted when the new Fantasyland area opened. Although all I can really recall about them are their pretty costumes. I'm not sure if they are strictly music, or if there is comedy involved, etc.

Yes, you are correct.

badkitty
08-04-2014, 02:59 PM
I don't like clowns... ugh... creepy...

DizneyRox
08-04-2014, 04:54 PM
Here are some rumors circulating today... Remember, these are rumors, nothing confirmed by Disney at all... So please, do not take these as facts...

What about the clowns in TDO? Hopefully we'll see some cuts there as well.

DizneyFreak2002
08-04-2014, 04:56 PM
What about the clowns in TDO?
We are stuck with those...

Ian
08-04-2014, 05:30 PM
In addition to being creepy (which they most certainly are :eek: ), I found the location for their show particularly annoying.

It's right at that corner where you make the turn to head up to Little Mermaid and it's very congested there to begin with. When the crowd gathered to watch the creepy clowns (a creepy clown crowd???) it was almost impassable.

Altair
08-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Here's some trivia: Snort the clown was originally Frederick Lewinowski of Hollywood Public Works at the Studios. Loved the trio of Boss Goobleman, Sparky Sparks and Frederick. :thumbsup: :mickey:

DonaldDuck1117
08-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Glad to hear the Frozen sing a long might be staying-that seemed like a no brainer. Not only for the popularity aspect but for capacity reasons for Studios.

As far as the street performs I can take them or leave them, I've never been a giant fan of street performers except the magician at Studios, he was fantastic.

LittleDreamer
08-05-2014, 10:03 AM
I personally am a fan of street performers in general (especially those at Studios) but I have never seen the clowns really land with the crowd. Their position between Big Top Souvenirs and Ariel's Grotto was always odd to me. The Merry Makers can do well depending on weather.

I see on the map that they have another act called Wowzer at the same location. A juggling/dexterity performers i have never seen this one. I wonder if this is a replacement act or would it be cut along with the clowns.

azcavalier
08-06-2014, 08:35 AM
There are clowns in Storybook Circus? Huh. I've been to WDW three times since the New Fantasyland opened, and have spent quite a bit of time there. I've never seen the clowns.

I guess I won't miss them, then!

Terra
08-07-2014, 12:49 PM
Wow, how ignorant do I feel. I have no idea about the Merrymakers and clowns! I have never heard of them:blush:

Speedy1998
08-07-2014, 12:54 PM
I didn't even know there was a clown show.

Melanie
08-07-2014, 01:51 PM
I didn't even know there was a clown show.

It's not a show, really. Just 'streetmosphere' as they call it.

DizneyFreak2002
08-07-2014, 02:35 PM
I need to correct myself, and stupid me, I should have done this from the beginning... The Merry Makers are actually The Royal Majesty Makers.. Or, maybe they changed their name? Cause when I look past to past posts, they were always referred to as the Royal Merrymakers...

The clown streetmosphere group are called Storybook Circus Giggle Gang...

Terra
08-07-2014, 02:39 PM
What's the general opinion of it that you all have heard? Do kids seem to enjoy it? I don't know why I've never seen it. So odd.

ransam
08-27-2014, 03:16 AM
the problem to me is the clowns in the show were more creepy than funny.

shadowden
08-27-2014, 11:52 AM
I don't like clowns... ugh... creepy...

I couldn't agree more...