PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with FP for afternoon parade

mandaep
08-03-2014, 12:07 PM
So the day that we were able to make our FP reservation I did it at midnight and it said for the afternoon parade that it was standby only. The same for me Anna and Elsa. Did it really 'sell out' that fast? What's the deal?

Strmchsr
08-03-2014, 01:37 PM
I can't say for sure with your specific situation, but remember the FP+ works on the +10 system like ADRs do so people had already been making FP selections for that date for up to 10 days. I guess it's possible those selections were already filled.

mandaep
08-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Sooo is it impossible to get an up front spot on the street??! :(

Main Street Jim
08-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Sooo is it impossible to get an up front spot on the street??! :(From what I understand (and I'm sure others will chime in), the FP+ viewing area is in the Hub near the Castle. If you want a curbside-view "on the street, I suggest getting to 1) either side of the street at the Ice Cream Parlor or Casey's Corner; 2) down near the train station/Town Square/City Hall/Firehouse; or 3) out in Liberty Square/Frontierland. You'll see the same parade as the FP+ guests. :)

andypooh
08-03-2014, 10:33 PM
So the day that we were able to make our FP reservation I did it at midnight and it said for the afternoon parade that it was standby only. The same for me Anna and Elsa. Did it really 'sell out' that fast? What's the deal?

Which parade is this? At DHS or MK?

mandaep
08-03-2014, 10:48 PM
The afternoon festival of fantasy parade at MK!

Strmchsr
08-04-2014, 08:08 AM
Which parade is this? At DHS or MK?

DHS doesn't have a parade any longer.

andypooh
08-04-2014, 04:11 PM
DHS doesn't have a parade any longer.

I was confused if they were talking about the Anna and Elsa arrival at DHS

Do you really need an FP for the MK afternoon parade? Seems like you can usually find a spot somewhere

Certainly for the electrical parade it isn't very hard

Strmchsr
08-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Do you really need an FP for the MK afternoon parade? Seems like you can usually find a spot somewhere Certainly for the electrical parade it isn't very hard

I certainly don't think so. The FP is really only if the parade is super important to you and you want to make sure you have a spot right in front of the castle without having to wait. If you don't really care where you stand, or if you're on the front row, you can certainly just walk up to see it. Of course, at busier times of the year the FP might be really worth it.