PDA

View Full Version : Decent seafood in Md?

PETE FROM NYC
08-02-2014, 06:54 PM
We are driving to WDW on 9/14. Looking for good seafood near 95.
Any suggestions???

diz_girl
01-09-2015, 05:05 PM
Pete - Sorry that this is response is WAY later than your trip, but you (or someone else) can refer to it on your next trip.

Just a caveat to stopping in MD - Even though there are places advertised on exit signs, it's usually 5 miles down the road before you get to what is advertised (Laurel, MD or Columbia, MD are good examples of this).

That being said, I know the area between Wilmington, DE and Aberdeen, MD the best. Here are some good options from North to South -

MD Exit 109B - the Blue Crab Grill in Newark, DE. Take that exit and go through about 5 lights, about two miles. At light #6 you should be at a shopping center on your left, with two banks at the entrance (WSFS and M something) and signs for a Home Depot, an ACME (supermarket) and a Walgreens. Make that left and then a right into the parking lot and then another left to The Blue Crab Grille. On your way back to I-95, you can fill up and get coffee at the Wawa that is closer to the entrance to I-95.

MD Exit 100A? - Woody's Crab House in North East, MD. Take 100A - go through two lights (first should be for the truck stop and the next for the Wal-Mart). Then go through the third light, which should be Route 40 (Pulaski Hwy). Then a Lowe's will be on your right as you go into town. You go through the first light (rte 7 - Cecil Rd). Woody's is on your right. Available parking is largely on-street parallel, but you're from NYC so you should be fine.

MD Exit 85 - Mamie's Cafe in Aberdeen, MD. Take exit 85 and make a left from southbound lanes light at exit or right from northbound lanes onto Route 22. Make a left onto Beards Hill Rd, which is the first light not associated with I-95. Go past the bank and the Applebee's on the right and make a right into the shopping center. Mamie's is a few storefronts down, before you get to the Shoprite (supermarket) or the Home Depot. This one is not really a seafood place, but they have some seafood and a wide variety of other stuff.

Scar
01-09-2015, 05:37 PM
Pete,

Forget about the seafood. Hold out for the excellent Italian food in Florida! :number1: