PDA

View Full Version : WDW Weather Forecast - August 31-Sept 16, 2014

Strmchsr
08-01-2014, 04:16 PM
I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss a day), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Sunday pm, August 31, 2014
The high today will be around 93 with a thunderstorm possible. A ridge building over the southeastern US will keep things in a rather summer-like pattern for the next few days. Tomorrow and Tuesday highs will run 91-93, then 90-92 for Wednesday through Sunday with a 40% chance of a passing thunderstorm each afternoon.

Long range...Sept 8-16 doesn't show any real change. Highs will stay in the low 90s with a chance of a pop up sea breeze thunderstorm.

Travel Impact :plane: :truck: :drive:
Nothing major today. For tomorrow, severe thunderstorms could cause issues over MO, IL, IN, OH, and MI.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here (http://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Turbulent-air-travel-nothing-to-fear-4058671.php) and here (http://www.askcaptainlim.com/-fear-of-flying-flying-48.html) to learn a lot about turbulence and other issues that sometimes cause anxiety when flying. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!

Tropics :fan:
Nothing out there that is a threat to WDW right now. Our only activity is a wave near the Yucatan and Belize. It could possibly develop, but land interaction will inhibit that. Eventually it'll move over into Mexico, but no worries for the US coast.

jakeybake
08-14-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks Chris for all of you help!

We are there from the 20th-28th. So far looks pretty good. We go the same week each year so we are used to the afternoon thunderstorms and having to get out of the Beach Club pool!

Thanks again!
Jay

Strmchsr
08-14-2014, 10:04 AM
Have a great trip Jay!

rjmdds
08-14-2014, 12:20 PM
We head down for our first ever summer trip from the 22nd to the 31st. I am so so concerned about the heat and humidity. I have some cooling towels, misty fans and breaks planned. I just hope it is not unbearable since it will be a new experience for us. Thanks for all of the updates. I really appreciate it.

Strmchsr
08-14-2014, 01:14 PM
Coming from New Jersey, the heat and humidity here in Florida will definitely be noticeable to you. However, it sounds like you have a good plan. If you go in the morning, take a break in the early afternoon when the heat/humidity are at their worst, and come back for dinner then spend the evening in the park it won't be bad at all.

mickeyman42
08-16-2014, 01:13 PM
we have done the last 2 weeks of august the last 2 years, going again tomorrow, and coming from the very north east, yes we obviously notice the heat and humidity and no, my kids dont like being too warm, they even find to too warm at home, but we bring lots of liquids, take our time, utilize AC, ice creams, swimming breaks, and use the evening hours to our advantage.

Yes I like being up and out the door by 9 am and go go go for as long as possible (the family, not so much), but I somehow contain myself and recognize that its better to be safe, go slow, hydrate, and have fun

yjgirl32
08-16-2014, 05:24 PM
We will be there the 29th to Sept 7th. Always read your forecast so I know what to expect. Thanks for all the info.

olivegirl
08-18-2014, 07:48 PM
We are leaving in two days for 12 days! Just happy to be in Disney no matter what the weather is!! Plan for the heat and storms and all is ok!!! :thumbsup:

mydisneygirls
08-19-2014, 11:53 AM
We are heading down Saturday. Does it look like a lot of rain? Before I saw this I was checking out weather.com and it said chance of rain was 80% for Wednesday and Thursday. Please tell me those days aren't going to be a wash out!

Strmchsr
08-19-2014, 01:08 PM
We are heading down Saturday. Does it look like a lot of rain? Before I saw this I was checking out weather.com and it said chance of rain was 80% for Wednesday and Thursday. Please tell me those days aren't going to be a wash out!

No wash out. Pop up afternoon thunderstorms are definitely possible, but not an all day rain. Weather.com is quite unreliable since there's no human interaction with the forecast. It's just computer generated numbers.

mydisneygirls
08-19-2014, 06:18 PM
Thank you for the good news Chris!!!

steamboat willy
08-31-2014, 11:24 AM
Our Drive Down :car: Day is September 12th and our Check-In :vacation: Day is September 13th so I will keep a close check on your Very Helpful Post daily for the next week and a few days! :cool: Hope the Tropic stay in the Tropics .:thumbsup: Looks like Jeans may stay in the suitcase again while I stay in the Pool! :mickey:

Strmchsr
08-31-2014, 01:55 PM
I'm arriving September 13, too, so I'll be just as curious as you are. Yes, it definitely it looking warm. No need for any jeans or cool weather clothing this month.