PDA

View Full Version : "Memory Maker" equivalent in Disney Cruise

Mariano O'Kon
08-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

My sister is planning a Disney Cruise in a couple of months and I am doing my best to help her as I had the luck to go once a few years ago.

On that ocassion, September 2012, any pictures taken of you and/or your family were printed and showed in a display. You had to browse through hundreds of pictures and once you found one of you or your family you had to take it to a desk where they would save it for you (maybe it was not JUST like that... but it was a pretty horrible ordeal to go through)

Now that Disney has Memory Maker in WDW... do they have something similar for Disney Cruise?

Thanks!

Mariano :mickey:

BrerGnat
08-01-2014, 04:39 PM
No, but the process to find your pictures is really neat. They use facial recognition to gather all your photos into a binder in a "library" type setup. You scan your key and it will tell you where your folder is. All your photos will be there. I believe they DO offer a photo package with all your prints but it is insanely expensive. We usually just buy a la carte the photos we like best. Lots of the them end up being not very good.

Kenny1113
08-01-2014, 09:07 PM
It is really neat how easy it is to find your pictures now! No more rows and rows of photo walls to search.
They also offer a photo book for purchase as well.

Basket Mommy
08-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Our last cruise was June 2013 on the Fantasy. We did find most of our pics in the folio assigned to our cabins (we were in two, so both keys had to be scanned to find all our photos). I did have to walk around and find others on display, though. They weren't all in the portfolios, even days after the events were photographed. So dont assume all of your pics are in the books. I really wish they did have a Photopass sytem, but Disney likes to capture that dollar. I suspect that people would get home with the Photopass and either forget to order or realize that the photos taken with personal cameras are sufficient. I dropped my camera in the ocean in Costa Maya, so the ship photos of the kids with the characters were priceless to me.

Mariano O'Kon
08-04-2014, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

It looks like the situation is much better than the time I enjoyed the cruise, but not quite there as with Memory Maker where you just pre-order you pictures and download them in the comfort of your home.

Thanks again!

Mariano :mickey: