PDA

View Full Version : 3..2..1 time to go back!

conan617
08-01-2014, 02:43 PM
3 years – 2 surgeries and 1 divorce later it’s time to go back!
So the ex bailed and called me “creepy” for my Disney infatuation. Truth be told, I thought maybe I was a little too obsessed, but realized it was just the pressures of the situation and decided she was wrong. Although it was a trying time for all of us – life goes on. After a little time to pull life back together, I thought that a trip back would help return normalcy to me and my two kiddos. I've actually been in the planning state for this trip for about a year, but the kids didn't find out until my Bday last month. I turned the big 4-0 and brought them out to our favorite restaurant. I asked a server we know to hand the kids some envelopes after the rest of the wait staff took the opportunity to let the rest of the diners know it was my Bday by making me dance and sing with a giant sombrero on my head. After my “show” the envelopes were delivered and the big reveal went perfectly.
All that being said, I planned the basic framework of a vacation prior to the kids exposure to it and now we are finalizing the smaller details. Here’s a little bit of what we got planned . Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy.

Day1 Wednesday – Flying out of Appleton using all the frequent flier miles I've accumulated and landing at MCO about 4 PM. Renting a car and driving to a Target or Walmart to gather up some snacks before checking into Loews Royal Pacific at Universal. Swimming and enjoying the resort are the evening plans.
Day2 Thursday – My son’s 14th Bday. Up early and spending the Day at Universal Studios – hopefully Diagon Alley and the train ride before getting the full use of our Express Pass Unlimited. As a special treat for my son – We have 2nd row center seats for Blue Man Group in the evening.
Day3 Friday – Meeting up with one of my coworkers and his family. Up early and Probably back to US for Diagon Alley before breakfast with Gru and the Minions. After breakfast we will hit IOA or hop back and forth. Again, taking full advantage of the Express Pass Unlimited. Check out CityWalk or back to the resort for swimming in the evening.
Day 4 Saturday – Check out of Loews and drive to Discovery Cove. We have done this before but all the pics I have include the ex. I really loved this experience and don’t like looking at the pics now, so I thought, why not go and enjoy the experience with the kids again and get some new pics. After Discovery Cove, drive over to CSR and check in. MK has EMH until 1AM (hours subject to change) so I have FP+ for HM, BTMRR, and Space MT.
Day 5 Sunday – Drive over to Legoland. My son (and his father) really like Legos and Lego video games so we wanted to check this place out. Late dinner at Cape May and then Disney Quest and The Balloon Ride in DTD.
Day 6 – 11 are wide open. We have 6 days left of a 7 day hopper, water parks and more left and have basic ideas of where we are and what me might do, but I wanted to leave it open so we can do what we want when we want to do it. That being said, I have ADRs and FP+s scheduled each day, but just like park hours, our plans are subject to change. Some of the highlights would be – ADR for BOG Tuesday night, MNSSHP and ADR for Ohana Thursday. Although not my DD’s official Bday, we are going to celebrate my little princess’ day on Saturday with breakfast at CRT. Somewhere in there we are going to hit Blizzard beach and more DTD. We also are involved in a giant sundae contest with my Sisters’ family. They threw the gauntlet with the Planet Hollywood martini sundae, but I plan to counter with the kitchen sink or whatever they call it at Ghiraelli’s. I've also got to figure out where to schedule a visit to the BBB to get my little princess her makeover she requested.
Day 12 – travel home :(

I know I kinda cheapened out with the last few days for a pre-trip report, but I’ll make it up to you when I get back. Under the 60 day mark now! :mickey:
Thanks for reading.

Katzateer
08-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Your plans sound great and I am jealous you get to go to universal- I would love to go with both my grown daughters.

Have a wonderful time!:mickey

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-01-2014, 05:52 PM
sounds great have fun:mickey:

faline
08-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Sounds like a really fun trip!! Hope you make some wonderful memories with your children!!

yjgirl32
08-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Your plans sound great. Hope you have a magical time!!!!!

Pirate Granny
08-01-2014, 11:59 PM
Great planing...ENJOY

disneymom15
08-02-2014, 09:11 AM
Hey neighbor, sounds like a fun time.

hauntedmansiongirl
08-05-2014, 02:37 AM
So excited for you! Glad you're staying true to your Disney self!!! :mickey:

emerzmom
08-29-2014, 03:58 PM
I hope you have a really great trip!
:tink:
Julie

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
09-07-2014, 06:22 PM
What a great Dad! I hope you have a great time.

BriarRose0708
09-22-2014, 03:31 PM
Sounds like you're going to have a very magical trip, have a great time and I am looking forward to reading your reports!