PDA

View Full Version : Fishing excursions?

marlyn
08-01-2014, 12:27 AM
Hi, my boys are doing the 2 hr Bass fishing trip from wilderness lodge next week. I'm just wondering how much you guys tip the fishing guide...is it expected? If so, amount?
They are doing the $270 2 hr trip.

Capt_redshirt
08-01-2014, 01:20 AM
A lot of the sites and my own experiences recommend tipping the guide. but how much is up for debate. given its cost some where around 10% wouldnt be too bad. i also think its how much the guide does for you as well can affect the tip. Since they will do everything but reel it in for some people they might expect more from them versus someone with more experience

spoiledraf
08-09-2014, 07:10 PM
I tip $20. But I do all my own stuff. Actually the guide does almost as much fishing as I do. They really do work to put you on some fish. They know the lakes pretty well and are very competitive with one another often harassing each other as they pass looking for a better spot. They do seem to keep their own favorite spots secret. The last time I went out the best spot we hit was actually about 70 yards out from the Lodge dock and about 50 feet south. They may not have to go far for a fun time.
If you are staying on site there is a discount on that $270. I think it's 15%. Good FISHIN!