PDA

View Full Version : Small new Soarin rumor to add with old rumor

kbean
07-31-2014, 09:52 AM
Orlando Sentinel had a small piece on rumors this week about soarin in wdw getting an extra theater. And it could possibly even open in time with the new film. No dates of course. So how they draw that conclusion is anyone's guess. Also it said the film might have natiinal and international fly overs and of course a fly over WDW.

Both would be nice! Id ride more then twice a year if the line moved faster. Still, Epcot needs something fresher then an updated film and bigger theater for soarin. Tear down Univerise of Energy and use that land for something new and fresh. On the busiest day that has a 5 minute wait. Why dont they see that its a wasted pavilion?

DizneyFreak2002
07-31-2014, 10:08 AM
Fly overs of WDW were already done... MK and I believe Epcot were filmed...

The extra theater has been rumored to be happening for a while now... Some people have said prepping backstage has already begun... This rumor has more legs than most...

They need to add capacity... This is the right way to do it... Would also help if they, you know, fixed Imagination, UoE, reopened Wonders of Life with some sort of new pavilion... Again, adding capacity...

mcjaco
07-31-2014, 12:21 PM
Tear down Univerise of Energy and use that land for something new and fresh. On the busiest day that has a 5 minute wait. Why dont they see that its a wasted pavilion?

How about just a freshening. You know, maybe discuss alternative fuel sources now??? So easy to redo at this point, then hash over energy from oil.

Speedy1998
07-31-2014, 12:51 PM
I read this from a different source. The source I read said they are also filming a new Soarin' over California film, so that DL and EPCOT will have different films.

Speedy1998
07-31-2014, 12:57 PM
Tear down Univerise of Energy and use that land for something new and fresh. On the busiest day that has a 5 minute wait. Why dont they see that its a wasted pavilion?

I disagree with tearing Universe of energy down, though it is overdue for a refresh.

Also part of the short wait is capacity. Like Hall of Presdients, American Adventure, and any of the World showcase movies; so many people can enter at once, a line rarely forms, and most of the wait, is waiting for the next show to start.

BowTie7
07-31-2014, 06:25 PM
Any thoughts on whether the possible added theatre would just be for capacity or possibly allow for a longer film? Can one really Soar over the entire world in the relatively short time frame of Soarin over California.

DizneyFreak2002
07-31-2014, 06:43 PM
Any thoughts on whether the possible added theatre would just be for capacity or possibly allow for a longer film? Can one really Soar over the entire world in the relatively short time frame of Soarin over California.

To help alleviate capacity issues...

What they really should do, and they have the tech already, is create Soarin in such a way where the world destinations are random... They do it with Star Tours 2... They can do it with Soarin... :)

mickeyman42
08-01-2014, 06:22 AM

What they really should do, and they have the tech already, is create Soarin in such a way where the world destinations are random... They do it with Star Tours 2... They can do it with Soarin... :)

This is what I've said before, they need to have a bank of 18-24 scenes and randomly show you 6 scenes each time. This cant be that hard, but then again, Soarin doesn't have a problem attracting people so where is the incentive for Disney to do anything? besides of course, us?

ChipNDale79
08-01-2014, 09:42 AM
I disagree with tearing Universe of energy down, though it is overdue for a refresh.

Agree here completely, I still like the idea of learning while at Epcot. Learning new things really can be interesting and fun, I think it would be really interesting to learn more about potential new Energy.

I know as a parent, I'm all for anything that my boys can learn something from.

TheDuckRocks
08-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Don't you even think about tearing down U of E! :mad:
Yes, it sure could use an update, but I love the piece and quite of this attraction. And the look on "newbie" faces when that whole thing starts moving is priceless.

azcavalier
08-19-2014, 10:05 AM

Love that idea. Though, I already see it as a repeatable attraction. But this would just put it over the top.

In any case, is there a rumored timeline for when any Soarin' refresh is supposed to be complete?

Ian
08-19-2014, 11:30 AM
Would also help if they, you know, fixed Imagination, UoE, reopened Wonders of Life with some sort of new pavilion... Again, adding capacity...Yep ... couldn't agree more.

goofy for pluto
08-19-2014, 01:42 PM
..Don't you even think about tearing down U of E! :mad:

Finally someone else who loves UofE! I really like it and the 80's feel is fine with me..It's one of the older attractions that is still around..and I love the nostalgia feel of it..I realize this isn't the original..but I do love it..Ellen and Bill..even stupid Judy..:thumbsup:

Tekneek
08-20-2014, 07:30 AM
Universe of Energy is something I always do in Future World, at a time when most of it has become a throwaway for me. Test Track and Soarin are fun for what they are, but I generally ride them so the kids can go.

ransam
08-27-2014, 03:14 AM
University of Energy is something I loved as a kid. but as an adult I've seen it so many times i'm bored.....but when I took friends who have never seen it, they loved it.