PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

dobby2010
07-30-2014, 06:22 PM
Hi! 60 days out and have a few random questions

1. I can't seem to book fast passes for maelstrom, is it not offered as a fast pass ride anymore?

2. Is there anywhere in the parks where my son can meet sheriff Callie or is she too new for meet and greets?

3. If you had to choose between the 3D dessert discovery party and a mickeys not so scary Halloween party which would you choose? (Just me and dh for my birthday) which do you think would be the most bang for our buck?

Thanks!

DDoftwo
07-30-2014, 07:58 PM
As far as Maelstrom goes, I believe it has been removed from FP, it is stand by only. Feeding more into the Frozen rumor.

I don't know about the meet but as far as the party, my vote goes for MNSSHP. The parade is one you will never see again, the Fireworks are awesome, and they way the park is themed is unreal. It is an experience I will never forget. It was worth the money just to see the Headless Horseman run down main street.

dobby2010
07-30-2014, 09:23 PM
Though it may still be listed, it was definitely not available right at 12am 60 days out.

dobby2010
07-30-2014, 09:38 PM
Monday, September 29th. Checked again just now and doesn't show up as an option for either tier.

yankeesfan123
07-30-2014, 09:40 PM
...Who? :huh:

(Take that as a "too new". A little Googling revealed she's a DJr. character, so DHS may add her eventually, but they'll tell us when they do.
Me, I'm disappointed that they're practically ignoring Doraemon on Disney X-D; would've been a nice temporary promotional M&G at Epcot Japan.)

Or you could check the MDE website, and see that it's still on. (Tier 2)
Thus further starving the Frozen rumor into nonexistence.

I actually think OP is right.

Maelstrom, beginning at the end of September, appears gone from FP+.

It's all over some *other* fan sites and boards...

Definitely interesting... but please no frozen. Maybe just a new video?

yankeesfan123
07-30-2014, 10:59 PM
(I think I know the stubbornly and willfully EpFrozen-obsessed Disney fan board you're referring to... :humph: )

End of Sept/early October is always rehab season, on the school-doldrums between summer and holiday rushes.
I already saw Mickey's Philharmagic down for the entire week I'm there, and I'm not forming theories about "what's going in" there.

The "maybe just a new video" comment was in jest, as in, "who knows, not worth speculating because it could be anything."

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-31-2014, 07:21 AM
Hi All,

There are a lot of changes happening around Disney right now, especially with FP+, and it is hard to keep up with all of them!

That's why we're here, to help each other plan and generally discuss and share our love of all things Disney.

So, let's keep it friendly, and helpful!

For the OP, these are good questions, and I don't think anyone is 100% sure of the answers. It is rumoured that Maelstrom may be getting a Frozen update, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

It also seems to take a while for the Disney Jr. Characters to make it into the parks, even though they are popular with the littler kids, not sure why.

If you haven't been to MNSSHP before, it is worth it! The parade is amazing, the fireworks super and it is plain fun to trick or treat in the MK.

Thanks!

Imalismom
07-31-2014, 08:58 AM
Thanks Heather - you just said what I was going to say!!!

dobby2010
07-31-2014, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the info!

garthbarth1
08-03-2014, 03:22 PM
Interesting about Malestorm...I have a current FP + ressie for Sept 26 at 11:00 window...