PDA

View Full Version : August Park Planning

rochtraveler
07-29-2014, 01:34 PM
I just wanted some feedback regarding WDW trip we are planning in 2 weeks! We are staying at the Yacht Club (last trip:sob:). I have my daughter who is home from college, a 16 year old and an eleven year old. Because you have to plan a trip months in advance for dinner and Fastpass+ I kind of messed up. I know it will be hot and crowded but I booked two days (dinners and fastpasses) straight at the MK. Would it be better to redo the schedule so I can give the family a break, or just plan it anyway. I know this will be our last trip - so I am kind of torn...

mydisneygirls
07-29-2014, 01:41 PM
What days did you plan to be at MK. Remember that Saturdays and Sundays are the busiest days. Do you have park hoppers? My take on it is....whatever it is you like go with it. We happen to like MK the most so that is the park we do the most.

rochtraveler
07-29-2014, 01:48 PM
Friday and Saturday

SBETigg
07-29-2014, 02:13 PM
I think it's key to remember to be spontaneous. It's hard to plan with kids at those ages. Mine really never wanted to be on schedule while on vacation. And the good news is that you can change plans even with FP+. There are always some good choices available for last minute changes, both with rides and dining, though maybe not for the really big ones like 7 Dwarfs Mine Train or Soarin. But you can decide if you want to wait in lines or maybe miss a few things.

I would keep to what you have planned for now but be willing to go with the flow and change as needed. The most important thing is that you're all together and having fun. And don't forget to take some time to relax and just enjoy the resort. And it might feel like a last time, but it might not be. My kids still want to go back with me, and they are all grown up.