PDA

View Full Version : Tipping Mousekeeping and Bell Services

dvcmember83
07-29-2014, 12:34 PM
Hello,

I am currently preparing for a trip in September. We sold our Disney Vacation Club membership, so this is our first trip in several years staying in a regular room with daily housekeeping services. How much should I tip mousekeeping everyday? I would like to have the envelopes with cash pre packaged before we leave so that I don't have to think about it while we are there.

Also, how much does everyone tip their bell hop? I never know how much to give them.
TIA!

mydisneygirls
07-29-2014, 12:52 PM
I generally leave $3 a day (1 $ per person) for mousekeeping. For bellhop, we don't use their services as we just wheel our own luggage (generally we only have 1 small suitcase each).

brownie
07-29-2014, 01:40 PM
It's up to you. I figure $1 per person per day for mousekeeping though with 4 of us I just leave $5.

We don't use bell services so I've never tipped them.

marlyn
07-29-2014, 01:48 PM
I believe it is generally $1 per bag for Bell Service

SBETigg
07-29-2014, 03:15 PM
Good advice here! I agree with Lynne, it's $1 a bag for bell services. Also, we do $5 a day for housekeeping when we travel. There are some who argue that you don't need to tip Disney housekeeping, but we always do.

dvcmember83
07-29-2014, 09:44 PM
Thank you everyone! That really helps me a lot! :mickey:

natedog24
07-29-2014, 10:13 PM
Remember to tip mousekeeping daily, if/when you leave a tip.
Some folks leave one big tip at the end, but you'll have different mousekeepers every day and it's possible you'll be leaving a $50 tip to someone that hasn't stepped foot into your room during your entire trip. :thumbsup:

VacationDisney
07-30-2014, 10:45 AM
I agree totally with natedog24. Tip daily, if you want, as you might have different mousekeepers during your stay:mickey:

Have a great vacation:thumbsup:

cer
07-30-2014, 11:30 AM
Never know what to tip the airport shuttle drivers, though (if I'm not going DME.)

We do $1 per bag for the shuttle drivers.

brownie
07-31-2014, 05:05 PM
I used to use printed out Disney envelopes for Mousekeeping tips (so maids wouldn't think they might be picking up loose guest cash), but wondered whether that might be overdoing the cute factor. :iron:

And even then, sometimes they would take it and sometimes not.

Never had a problem with it being taken if we left it on the sink.

hauntedmansiongirl
08-02-2014, 06:16 PM
I was told by one of the mousekeepers to place the little fold over tent card (that they leave with your mousekeepers name on it) on top of the tip, then they know for sure that it is for them. If there is any question that it isn't for them, they won't take it.

There are only 2 of us, but we tip $5 per night.

Have a great vacation! :mickey:

Janmac
08-02-2014, 08:08 PM
I used to use printed out Disney envelopes for Mousekeeping tips (so maids wouldn't think they might be picking up loose guest cash), but wondered whether that might be overdoing the cute factor.

We use decorated Mousekeeping envelopes when we're not staying DVC and I used to wonder about overdoing the cute factor as well. But then DH started staying at the resort more, and less at the parks (hadn't had his knee replacements yet). He got nothing but positive feedback from Mousekeepers. Brightened their day as well.

Nothing wrong with making magic for CMs since they're the ones mostly responsible for making magic for us. :thumbsup:

What I've started doing now is bringing Disney stickers and plain envelopes to supper for the kids in our party to decorate for the next day. Keeps them busy while we wait for food.

Jan

Terra
08-02-2014, 08:58 PM
Some folks leave one big tip at the end, but you'll have different mousekeepers every day and it's possible you'll be leaving a $50 tip to someone that hasn't stepped foot into your room during your entire trip. :thumbsup:

Yes this.
We tip Mousekeeping daily. A little different than restaurant percentages. We do 10% of our daily rate. So for this upcoming trip we got the room for $80 a night. So we will leave $8 a day. :)
And a bit thank you as a former hotel housekeeper [years ago]. I was so thankful for those tips. They helped to pay the bills!

cer
08-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Never had a problem with it being taken if we left it on the sink.

This.

MrPeetrie
08-02-2014, 09:37 PM

This is a great tip. I never knew this.