PDA

View Full Version : Rides with Wheelchair Return Times

merciantinkerbell
07-27-2014, 11:47 AM
Hello everyone. I'm afraid I'm requesting help/advice again. Sorry. I'm sure I found a list of rides that give wheelchair/scooter users a return time to come back but I'm darned if I can find out now. Anyone know where it is? We can book our Fastpasses in about 3 weeks and don't want to book one for a ride we can get a return time for. Again, thanks and hugs in advance for any help. :grouphug:

Strmchsr
07-27-2014, 01:55 PM
If you have the DAS you can get a return time for any ride. However, unlike the old GAC, from what I've heard Disney isn't handing out DAS much only for mobility issues since most queues can handle wheelchairs or scooters now. The DAS is only for people who can't physically/emotionally wait in the line. If you haven't been to Disney since last fall when they switched the GAC to the DAS make sure to read up on the new system so you'll know what to expect.

merciantinkerbell
07-27-2014, 02:18 PM
Thanks but I understand the DAS and how that works. Perhaps I wasn't very clear, sorry. What I meant was that if I understand correctly there are still a few queues which are not wheelchair accessible and you're given a return time to enter the Fastpass line or use an alternate entrance. I wanted to know which rides/attractions don't have wheelchair accessible lines.

Strmchsr
07-27-2014, 03:25 PM
I follow what you're asking now. Maybe someone else will know, but I can't think of any area that does what you're suggesting now. They've revamped some of the queues and added auxiliary entrances so that most everything is accessible now. I've taken my mother with a scooter recently and I can't think of any ride where she was given a return time since the DAS came out (she wasn't using the DAS). I know, for instance, we had that on Small World and some other rides during that transition period from the GAC to the DAS, but the last couple of times it's been all just straight through the queue with the exception of things like Swiss Family Robinson or TTA which aren't wheelchair/ECV accessible. I researched around and couldn't find any other list with return times only which queues are accessible and which aren't. From what I've been able to find out the only return times given now are with the DAS.

VWL Mom
07-27-2014, 04:09 PM
According to Disney this is a list of rides which have a mainstream queue. I would think if a ride is not on the list you would get a return time.

Mainstream queues can be found at these attractions at Walt Disney World Theme Parks:

Magic Kingdom Park
Astro Orbiter
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
Pirates of the Caribbean
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Stitch's Great Escape!
The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Mgt
The Hall of Presidents
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress (seasonal)

Epcot Theme Park
Energy: Ellen's Energy Adventure
FriendShip Boats
Imagination!: All attractions
France: Impressions de France
Innoventions East
Innoventions West
Norway: Maelstrom
Mission: SPACE
China: Reflections of China
Test Track
The American Adventure theater
The Land area: All Attractions
The Seas with Nemo & Friends: All Attractions

Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney's Hollywood Studios Backlot Tour
Fantasmic!
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
Muppet*Vision 3D
Disney Junior–Live On Stage!
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
The Great Movie Ride
The Magic of Disney Animation
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
Toy Story Mania
The American Idol Experience

Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
DINOSAUR
Expedition Everest
Festival of The Lion King
Finding Nemo - The Musical
Flights of Wonder
It's Tough To Be A Bug
Kali River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Primeval Whirl
The Boneyard
TriceraTop Spin
Pangani Forest
Exploration Trail

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-27-2014, 04:11 PM
As we often travel with "people with wheels", I did some digging on this too. For the vast majority of attractions you would just wait in the regular SB time, or use a FP+ experience.

What does seem to happen at times (seems to be crowd related, so you may or may not have this experience when you go) is that a wheelchair return time is given out. It could happen at any attraction where the regular line isn't accessible, and the most common attractions where this happens appears to be Big Thunder Mountain and Jungle Cruise at MK and Star Tours at DHS.

I would book your FP+ choices for the attractions you want to do, since the wheelchair return time "pass" is only used as needed for crowd management.

DJBMER
08-15-2014, 04:43 PM
I'm thrilled to hear most lines are now scooter friendly. Do you know if once at the ride you have disembark from the scooter?

VWL Mom
08-15-2014, 04:54 PM
I'm thrilled to hear most lines are now scooter friendly. Do you know if once at the ride you have disembark from the scooter?

A complete list of rides and which require transfer can be found here (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plain-text/mobility-disabilities/) on the Disney site.

ftwildernesskid
08-16-2014, 08:33 PM
On my last trip in March I was in an EVC because I had fractured my ankle in several places. There were many rides where I could take the EVC into the line, which was wonderful since I couldn't be on my foot for more than a few steps without crutches. There were also many rides that could not accomodate the EVC, but you could transfer into a wheelchair at the entrance of the ride. It is great that Disney had complimentary chairs there for guests. However, often these chairs had seen better days. The wheels were frequently very flat or would get stuck. it made it tough for the person who had to push me around. Space Mountain was a nightmare going up and down those hills with a wheelchair that barely moved. It was something we brought to the attention of a couple people in management so hopefully they will give those wheelchairs some attention. There were also some rides that would give you a ticket to come back because of stairs leading to the ride. Thunder Mountain, and Space Mountain gave us a slip of paper with a time to return equal to the time of the line. I am guessing Splash Mountain might have the same policy.It was not open when we were there, At Spaceship Earth we parked inside and boarded at the exit. Everyone I encountered was super helpful and accomodating. Hope this helps! Have a great trip!

merciantinkerbell
08-17-2014, 12:54 PM
Thanks everyone. Hubby and I are currently sitting here working out which park, which day and which rides to Fastpass :coaster:

DonaldDuck1117
08-22-2014, 01:56 PM
So how does this work on rides where you exit at a completely different area than where you enter? Like Pirates for example? I'm asking because my parents are heading down in November and my dad needs a scooter to get around because of his back.

Thanks!

ransam
10-11-2014, 03:16 AM
thanks, I was looking for that info as well.

merciantinkerbell
10-12-2014, 08:37 AM
Last time (in 2012) on Pirates a CM had bought hubby's wheelchair to the exit dock. Can't remember any other rides where you get off at a different place to getting on.

ransam
11-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Disney is the best with wheelchairs.