PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated

Scrappy2
07-26-2014, 02:29 PM
I have an upcoming reservation in Novemebr booked with the free dining. We were scheduled to arrive on a Tuesday. Our schedule now works for us to be able to go down a few days earlier now. I totally understand that free dining would not be available now and I am fine with that. I was going to book a room only. My problem is tickets. Since we are coming before our "package" starts I would have to buy separate tickets instead of just add days to our existing tickets. Buying a 2 day ticket is $200 per ticket. The CM I spoke to tried everything to figure something out for me but she just could not come up with anything. She transferred me to a supervisor to see if she could help. In all my dealings with Disney that was the rudest CM I have ever dealt with. She even accused me of trying to get my tickets early with the free dining then I would cancel my package to just get free meals. Really? My package has to be paid in full before we arrive and cannot be cancelled a day before and get a refund. I was trying to add days not get anything for free. We will just go to universal studios and give them my extra money.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-26-2014, 03:27 PM
Wow! Sounds like you had quite the CM.

I've heard that you can oftentimes pick up your tickets a few days early (I think up to 3), before your package starts ... and once you have your tickets, you can add the extra days you'll need to them. This can be done at Guest Relations at the parks.

But, at this point, I think I agree with you ... go to Universal and have fun.

DizneyRox
07-26-2014, 03:39 PM
We're doing Universal next year, it's been 2001 since we've been, I'm pretty excited.

VWL Mom
07-26-2014, 04:28 PM
Just wondering but with MDE since the tickets are linked to the magic band and all bands are supposedly interchangeable wouldn't the ticket be available when you check in at your first stop? You could see if you would be able to make FP+ times for the first hotel portion when the time comes.

1DisneyNut
07-27-2014, 08:16 AM
It has always been difficult to add days to an existing reservation on the front end, especially if you have a promo package like free dining. I have said forget it and stayed offsite for a few days in the past because 1)I was getting the run around and 2)They force the "full rack rate" on you and it is absurd as in double the price you can usually get. Also, It is so complicated to make a WDW reservation in the first place these days, it is almost impossible to make modifications to them if your plans change. It is almost like trying to get a bill through congress just to go on vacation.

If I were you, I would just do as you mentioned and go check out Universal. It will most likely be far less expensive than getting drilled by WDW for adding a couple of days and plus you may discover you really enjoy Universal. Heck, call Universal and explain your situation......you never know, they may have a promo code they can throw at people in this situation to get them to try Universal out. It would be a smart move on Universal's part to do so in hopes to hook some new guests that will return in the future.

disneymom15
07-27-2014, 10:33 AM
I wondering if the gals from Magical Journeys would be able to help. They're the best around in my opinion! They may have a solution for you. You'd have to turn your reservation over to them, but that's easy to do.

Zippy 1
07-27-2014, 02:00 PM
I agree with you! I would try Magical Journeys and see what they can do. We always book through them and avoid any problems.

hauntedmansiongirl
07-28-2014, 03:35 AM
In April 2012 we stayed at CBR. We had a split stay. 2 nights of room only. 8 nights of a free dining package with an 8 day park hopper. When we checked in, I asked if we could get our tickets early. The cast member who checked us in said that she would ask a manager. He came over and said, "of course, they're yours. You paid for them!" He made it seem like it was not a big deal at all. Hopefully it's still the same!
:mickey: